• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinko's won't scan my OA anymore

27 posts in this topic

IANAL

27_laughing.gif I had to look at that for a bit before I figured what it stood for. thumbsup2.gif

Everyone that isn't one should put that in their sig line.

I can think of a couple of threads that could have used that blanket disclaimer.

All you have to do is get some white out and smear it over the Marvel copyright stamp..simple,then go photocopy it.

Or they could leave the art alone (the word "smear" in the context of OA is slightly disturbing) and just do any of the other, less destructive, things that have been suggested in this thread.

You guys should really ask Shield how he does it. If you haven't checked out his thread and what he's been doing with his scans, here it is:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=3#Post1122199

Another option would be to find an employee at Kinkos and unleash some charm and wit on them. Tends to always work for me in these types of situations. A little flirting can go a long way. Once you have them smiling and giggling, go in for the kill question..."Do you think I could get this scanned"? You may get this, "Well, I'm really not supposed to...but.." Then you know you got em. 27_laughing.gif

They did let me use the self-serve copier so I took the advice of making slightly smaller laser copies and scanning those myself. Worked great, and cost less!

Yeah, I can't imagine going to the counter for this sort of thing. Most of the time people are doing this for digital display anyway, so scanning at full size is just overkill.