• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does GPA track only CGC books?

11 posts in this topic

After looking at their website I'd have to say they only track CGC books. That is their name after all. "CGC Grade Pricepaid Average

But, I suppose I could be wrong.....

I'm considering ponying up for a GPA membership but was wondering if they track only CGC books or PGX as well?

They don't track PGX books. Fortunately, sub-$500 PGX books tend to sell for around the same amount as their CGC counterparts, so if you're looking for PGX values, just use the CGC numbers.

For books over $500, PGX books tend to sell for a discount to CGC books in similar grade.

I'm considering ponying up for a GPA membership but was wondering if they track only CGC books or PGX as well?

They don't track PGX books. Fortunately, sub-$500 PGX books tend to sell for around the same amount as their CGC counterparts, so if you're looking for PGX values, just use the CGC numbers.

For books over $500, PGX books tend to sell for a discount to CGC books in similar grade.

What about books that are $500 in value? confused-smiley-013.gif

The only exception seems to be first print underground comics... they generally sell for more than CGC'd versions regardless of price.

Thanks, FFB. I wonder why they don't track PGX? You're probably correct about the PGX/CGC market price similarities...but that seems like something worth measuring, right? confused-smiley-013.gif

It's been discussed before. I think George Pantela's last comment on the subject is here: LINK

What about books that are $500 in value? confused-smiley-013.gif

Unfortunately, all $500 PGX books are sacrificed to the old gods in order to maintain the sanctity of the statistical data. insane.gif

Yeah I think that it would much to difficult for them to track raw books...

He didn't ask if they track raw books. He asked if they track PGX.

opps..I forgot that someone else was doing this whole slab thing...