• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #1

73 posts in this topic

Biggest surprise for me was no Hulk #181. I wonder if this cover has become so popular (and the book so expensive)

It isn't the cover that is popular but Wolvie's first appearance. I don't think anyone would ever refer to this book as having a classic cover. foreheadslap.gif

It's certainly no Iron Fist #14. poke2.gif

Did you know that cover was by Al Milgrom? foreheadslap.gif

Now if only it were by Byrne, then even you would have to admit defeat. cloud9.gifpoke2.gif

Biggest surprise for me was no Hulk #181. . . Maybe nobody really likes the cover. I don't really know, but it seems the strangest one not to make the top 20 to me.

Thank god it wasn't in the top 10 or we NEVER would have heard the end of the key-issue bias . . . foreheadslap.gif

Cool cover...but Im rather disappointed by the lack of Byrne UXM covers frown.gif

Biggest surprise for me was no Hulk #181. I wonder if this cover has become so popular (and the book so expensive)

It isn't the cover that is popular but Wolvie's first appearance. I don't think anyone would ever refer to this book as having a classic cover. foreheadslap.gif

I disagree, Hulk #180 was Wolvies first appearance. This cover is popular and a classic because it's Wolvies first cover and a battle scene with the Hulk no less.

i think hulk 181 is a great battle cover that belongs in the top 50 but not the top 20-simply put trimpe's work is just a little too shabby--now if that exact scene is drawn by someone with the ability of byrne or starlin it's an instant classic IMO!

Biggest surprise for me was no Hulk #181. I wonder if this cover has become so popular (and the book so expensive), that it actually has built some kind of anti-sentament amongst voters.

Personally, I think that the Marvel fans did NOT want to hear all the DC fanboys crying if Hulk 181 actually made the Top 20, so they just quietly deleted it from their voting list.

I mean, the DC guys were crying about Hulk 181 before the contest even started, and then all the way through it.

Err, the only person who has repeatedly and endlessly brought up the so-called rivalry or enmity between "DC Fanboys" and "Marvel Zombies" is yourself, JC.

Frankly that line of thinking is divisive and just a wee bit silly. It is possible, now that we are all no longer ten years old, to like comics from both publishers, and not have to take some ludicrous partisan stance about it.

Err, the only person who has repeatedly and endlessly brought up the so-called rivalry or enmity between "DC Fanboys" and "Marvel Zombies" is yourself, JC.

I see you haven't been reading the cover threads. Each time a "key issue" Marvel makes it appearance, the DC fans start screaming, but when a "key issue" DC like GL/GA 76 or HoS 92 pops in, it's a freaking 60's love-in.

I didn't create this situation, I'm just reporting it.

I see you haven't been reading the cover threads. Each time a "key issue" Marvel makes it appearance, the DC fans start screaming, but when a "key issue" DC like GL/GA 76 or HoS 92 pops in, it's a freaking 60's love-in.

I didn't create this situation, I'm just reporting it.

Are you sure it's as clear-cut as that? I've seen a lot of crit regarding those sacred books too.

It's certainly no Iron Fist #14. poke2.gif

Did you know that cover was by Al Milgrom? foreheadslap.gif

Of course, everyone knows that. It's always been part of the appeal. poke2.gif