• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'M HOOKED

20 posts in this topic

Bizarre Adventures/ Marvel Preview has some of my favorite Marvel hero covers bar none! Fully painted Thor in the prow of a viking warship, how cool is that!

Beyonder,

Great to see you have a new interest in the hobby! That Jusko Thor cover is too cool! While always loving comic books, as a kid Mags were just that extra special treat to me! It never even mattered that they were black and white. Just to see those extra large panels and then to turn a page to see a full page splash! cloud9.gif

Does it get any better?

TPB, or Graphic Novels, are a waste Heheh. well I don't like em, why buy those when you can buy 4 comics for lets say 15 (If they are for cover), still you can find best treasuyres for a price of a TPB. hehe.

I preffer issues, unless it was a Novel Only.

I have three Graphic Novels period. Treasure them, but still want the issues.

Expect for one novel, idc to get the issues any more, I gave that chance up when I bought the novel because I first coulden't find the issues, when I did find them years later, well........i'd have to rebuy the issues I had given away.

But if this is talk about Graphic Novel only comics (Like ASM: Sould of the Hunter) then yeah, i'd buy it, and I have many of those kind./

Graphic Novels often contain original stories that didn't come out in comic form.

For instance... grin.gif

SHE-HULKUPGRADE.jpg

OH, so that's why we have those.

So, would they have originally have a place in the actual running series?

For example: ASM The Soul of the Hunter or something? (I know this is a sequale tot he first, but, if that is so, they must of tooken place somwhere in the ASM comics line)

Is there a lot of interest in those Marvel Graphic Novels? I picked up a first print of the first issue on a whim. Pretty close to NM. What do these go for, price wise? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice copy! thumbsup2.gif

Other than good reads, don't know. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have the Arena book 'cause of the Bruce Jones story and art.

Is there a lot of interest in those Marvel Graphic Novels? I picked up a first print of the first issue on a whim. Pretty close to NM. What do these go for, price wise? confused-smiley-013.gif

DoCM.jpg

Interesting side-line on this issue, it was the first time I realized when your "investing" in new comics and they go up in value a few months later as being the latest "hot" book it's REAL value is only what you've got to spend to buy one if you missed out. This was like a $20 or $25 book a few months after it's release and I wanted to cash in as I purchased 10 copies.

I did ok, as the dealer bought them off me for what I think was $8 or$10 a piece, but I had the distinct feeling he only did so 'cause I was buying multiples of a lot of books back then and it was the first time I tried to sell anything. When he initially told me he didn't want them, I gave him a "well why have I been buying all these comics for investment from you" kinda' look that made him cave.

That's the day I started thinking about what parts of this hobby were real and which were imagined.

sign-funnypost.gif

Haha...nice

BTW: Beyonder nice books up there. I love that Eerie you got with the black cover frame. A lot of those Creepy's and Eerie's in the middle number range are tough to get in High grade such as yours. Especially the ones with the color insert panels in the middle... cloud9.gif I love those ones...

You can't go wrong with Savage Tales starring Conan. They even predate the Savage Sword Mags. thumbsup2.gif

I was just looking over that book last night. Kane & Adams on the 1st story....and Barry Smith on the 2nd. cloud9.gif

Mr. Beyonder,

You'll have a good time collecting these magazines: they're fairly well available, reasonably priced/valued, and have some great art and stories. Look into some Skywald Mags like Psycho, Nightmare or Scream for some great BA Horror.

Because of my Byrne collection, I collected Epic Illustrated & hunted down a couple copies of Nightmare 20.

The Eerie I posted is my 1st one of those. cloud9.gif

I've ravaged the back-issue comic bins at my LCS for months.....all the while walking around the Mag bins to get to them. foreheadslap.gif

Hoping to find the energy to go there today & get another "fix". insane.gif

I can relate. thumbsup2.gif

I just picked up close to half the run of Epic Illustrated's for cheap. Now I'm looking for the remaining copies, VF+ or better. Nicest part: they all only cost around $8.00 each. yay.gif

That's on my list for Wizardworld LA next weekend. acclaim.gif