• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAIL on eBay causes fire sale

95 posts in this topic

Such a tough one to predict. Has anyone ever seen or know of another Fabry Preacher cover changing hands either privately or publicly?

Thats the issue. One collector had the right of first refusal on all of the PREACHER covers. He didn't pass on any of them tonofbricks.gif

Per Glenn's website, the only cover that the collector doesn't have from the main run of books is #5 (which, IMHO is one of the weaker ones anyway).

Wonder who has #5? And why they haven't sold it? I'd imagine they'd get quite a hefty offer from the owner of the other covers...

From Glenn's website:

Preacher #5

Vertigo Comics

I swapped this with Jason Brashill for a 'Megazine' cover about two months before Simon Powell (the guy that buys my paintings showed up, and as a consequence Simon has all the Preacher covers but this one.

I've tried twice to swop it back but no go. Also, Jason's doing very well in computer games right now, so it looks like he's keeping it.

Wow, congrats, that was some motivated bidding. Don't feel too bad about the last second bid raising the final price. I think you'll find out that $4K is really not that bad for a super-grail in the long run. Enjoy.