• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAIL on eBay causes fire sale

95 posts in this topic

no, no, I understand what you're saying. You hate me and you want me to leave..... frown.gif

Well, dont leave now, it's to late. Obviously we have a common interest in collecting poke2.gif

I won't say I'm sorry I bid, just sorry I lost. It'll make house hunting this weekend a little less stressful though grin.gif

I'm sure I'll find another painting, I hear SOLAR is having a sale, and he has a SA-WEET cover I'd like to get. He knows which one devil.gif

Mike

P.s. Eli, welcome to the boards

I could actually use to recoupe some costs, so I could definitely offer you the HEster Demon

and NSN, if you want I can offer you the Preacher pages I have, since now I have something from the series to replace them with

I could actually use to recoupe some costs, so I could definitely offer you the HEster Demon

and NSN, if you want I can offer you the Preacher pages I have, since now I have something from the series to replace them with

Oh? Got a CAF gallery?

or PM me your list(I dont want that kinda info going public) 893naughty-thumb.gif

I was thinking more along the lines of the GA or Black Canary.

I do not, but I have a pic of it. I think you'll remember the scene ;-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/elijya/sketchbook/OAPreacher45p2145p22.jpg

(as you can see, unfortunately two of the word balloons have become dislodged, and I have not investigated what is the wisest method of reattachement for them. Can anyone advise, as I have one or two other pages with the same error)

I do not, but I have a pic of it. I think you'll remember the scene ;-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/elijya/sketchbook/OAPreacher45p2145p22.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember. I have that auction saved on the comp.

Just the two pages then?

Made a heck of an upgrade on the collection frustrated.gif

San diego is a possibilty ( I guees you've heard, I have a few grand saved up already stooges.gif ) (and , yes I will not let this go easily)

I live in San Diego County, so the trip down there isnt bad. i went for the first time lasst year. \\Met Fabry, Asked about my comission, bought soem art. It was a good time.

Well, my snipe of $2700 didn't even get a chance to go off (not that I thought it would), so Elijya, know that you would have paid at least $2750 for it without Mr. NSN. Actually, if there weren't two people who I knew wanted it more than me, I would have ran it well into $3K.

Congrats on the win and NSN, on the off chance that you have some spare change sitting around and would be interested in my Preacher 14 or 32 page(s), PM me.

$4K for those? Man, that comes out to less than 1400 a piece. You did very well Eliya. Very, very well. Sorry, you lost MNSN. Eliya, how hard is it to get Steve Dillon Hellblazer pages anyway? I haven't seen a one out there.

Well, my snipe of $2700 didn't even get a chance to go off (not that I thought it would), so Elijya, know that you would have paid at least $2750 for it without Mr. NSN. Actually, if there weren't two people who I knew wanted it more than me, I would have ran it well into $3K.

Congrats on the win and NSN, on the off chance that you have some spare change sitting around and would be interested in my Preacher 14 or 32 page(s), PM me.

don't really have anything extra lying around right now, but wouldn't NSN be interested?

San diego is a possibilty ( I guees you've heard, I have a few grand saved up already stooges.gif ) (and , yes I will not let this go easily)

I live in San Diego County, so the trip down there isnt bad. i went for the first time lasst year. \\Met Fabry, Asked about my comission, bought soem art. It was a good time.

HA!

I spent the entire week last year drinking with Glenn! I'm probably the reason you didn't get your commission! grin.gif

(you wouldn't happen to have bought a painting from him on maybe Friday, would you have?)

but anyway, if you'll be there, I'm up for an in-person cash exchange. I prefer those when I can, mouch more secure and trustable

don't really have anything extra lying around right now, but wouldn't NSN be interested?

Yeah, that's who I was talking to in the second half of the post. Should have made that more clear.

I've never actually dealt with transfering an amount of money this large before. Does anyone have any advice on what the most secure method would be?

I recieved an invoice email with instructions of different methods, however I want to be safe. Comic Cellar has a notice in all of their auctions announcing that they do not offer second chance bids. This was actually due to me, after I bid on a peice they had up last year and lost, but was offered a second chance on it. After discussing this at some length with the person who contacted me, I took a few steps to uncover that the person was not actually associated with comic cellar and I narrowly avoided a scam. So obviously I wish to maintain caution.

the email links to the website www.comicellar.com, which I find an unusually bare site for a high profile ebay seller as Comic Cellar. The email also gives an address for sent payments which is different from the address listed on the website, and they don't list a second location.

has anyone here dealt with Comic Cellar before?

oops, sorry solar

just noticed something that concerned me slightly - it seems the ebay account comicellar hasn't made any sales in over a month, and doesn't have anything else for sale now either

that seem a bit odd to anyone else?

There's nothing to worry about. He simply runs all of his auctions at once as opposed to spreading them out. There's nothing odd about that whatsoever.

has anyone here dealt with Comic Cellar before?

He's got 900+ feedback with no negatives over 8 years on ebay. Relax. There's nothing to worry about. Just follow the guy's instructions in order to get him his money...