• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Favorite Covers Contest

235 posts in this topic

I had 9 Marvels, 1 Gold Key and 0 DCs. A bit different than the BA contest for me.

I had my wife (who doesn't now anything about comics or the publishers) pick out her 10 favorites for fun and her picks were quite interesting. She had 5 Marvels, 2 DCs, 1 GK, 1 Whitman, and 1 Classics Illustrated. Five of her picks made my list as well, which I thought was surprising given the number of great covers. Oh, and I didn't let her know any of my picks or favorites before having her vote.

interesting experiment, to be sure............. thumbsup2.gif

i've been wondering which books i'd pick if we were voting for the most aesthetically pleasing or artistic covers as opposed to favorites. have to admit that the stories and covers initial impact (for both content and art) had a huge weighting in my choices................... smile.gif

Voting will end on March 28 Midnight (eastern) in spite of what the Forum clock says.

Then the votes will be counted by highly trained, yet unemployable seals.

After a few days of hearing them bark out the results we will start revealing them before and possibly during April Fools Day.

that is a nice cover though.....
Yes it is. The great thing about the Silver Age is most covers were good. Some borderlined on Nice/Awesome.

While a select few were a persons favorites.

Unlike other "ages" there were only a few outright bland/uninspired covers.

You're a tad bit late. gossip.gif
I know. I haven't had to time to even vote yet.

What time does voting end tomorrow? Midnight?

Yes. Although you could vote now. gossip.gif

You're a tad bit late. gossip.gif
I know. I haven't had to time to even vote yet.

What time does voting end tomorrow? Midnight?

Yes. Although you could vote now. gossip.gif

Choosing only 10 SA favorites is going to take a while. Also, I can't believe Showcase 22 isn't in the list.

What's the rule on write-in ballots?

What's the rule on write-in ballots?
yeahok.gif Why sure we allow write-ins.

Did you fill out the 17 page registration form? Merely upload that (don't forget to use your screen ID name and the Codeword "TIMULTYPOST") to the following website --> Write-In Candidates 2006 wink.gif

Just finalizing this thread so that it can be read through to conclusion.

The following are the url/links to the winning books. This puts them in one place because they were scattered throughout the forum.

# 35-#30

# 29 -24

# 23 -15

# 11 - 14

# 10

# 9

# 8

# 7

# 6

# 5

# 4

# 3