• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Favorite Covers Contest

235 posts in this topic

adventurecover.jpg

Silver Age fans rejoice. It's finally here.

Although it's been argued when exactly the Silver Age starts and ends, there seems to be a consensus that it started with the Arrival of Showase # 4 in September 1956 and ended with the arrival of Conan, October 1970.

I have started a thumbnail catalogue of numerous and worthy Silver Age Covers

here at this Web Page--> Cover Gallery cloud9.gif

If you see where you feel I have missed a really good Silver Cover then let me know.

Feel free to nominate some covers (please don't nominate more than 5).

There will be no obligation on your part to vote for any book you nominate, so study the gallery closely, and start picking out your top ten.

Yes........ TEN. I want you to be able to vote for ten covers in order of importance to you.

You'll have until Saint Patrick's Day March 17 to figure out which books are your favorites.

At Midnight (after you've consumed green beverages or whatever it is you do) you may submit your ten votes to myself and ComicBookGuy (Joe).

You must tell me and Joe so that we can match up the results later.

And speaking of results, the votes will be weighted.

1st favorite cover (#1) = 10 points

2nd favorite cover (#2) = 9 points

3rd favorite cover (#3) = 8 points

4th favorite cover (#4) = 7 points

5th favorite cover (#5) = 6 points

6th favorite cover (#6) = 5 points

7th favorite cover (#7) = 4 points

8th favorite cover (#8) = 3 points

9th favorite cover (#9) = 2 points

10th favorite cover (#10) = 1 points

At the end of the voting, the covers with the most points win.

In the event of a tie, the cover with the most #1 votes will win over one that has fewer. If neither has a #1 vote, the one with the most #2 votes will win, or #3, etc.

Voting will end on March 28 Midnight (eastern) in spite of what the Forum clock says.

Then the votes will be counted by highly trained, yet unemployable seals.

After a few days of hearing them bark out the results we will start revealing them before and possibly during April Fools Day. wink.gif

Make your selections wisely. The fate of mankind hangs in the balance. thumbsup2.gif

PLEASE LOOK CLOSELY AT THE TEXT ABOVE. THERE IS A LINK THAT SOME OF YOU DON'T BOTHER TO READ. tongue.gif I've even made it BOLD .

BTW, i think it is a no contest that FF #12, DD#7, JIM #83, B+B #34, Sea Devils #1 and some Showcase covers should also be on the list (esp. #27)....as well as the KING KONG WHITMAN COMICS GIANT CLASSIC 1968 treasury size...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Are we forced to pick from the list of nominations? There are a ton of great covers from the silver age and you missed a bunch. poke2.gif

See above post tongue.gif

Here is a late silver age beauty, and a shoe-in for my top ten. Yes. That's right. I am putting a Robin cover in my top ten. Someone who hates Robin with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. Nick Cardy is THAT fugging good. 17 will likely make it too.

TT14.jpg

strange tales 167
It's already there. confused-smiley-013.gifmakepoint.gif

avengers 4
Someone beat you to it, working on it. thumbsup2.gif

silver surfer 4
foreheadslap.gifAgain .... it's there..... tongue.gif

the list goes on & on!
Yeah........ apparently if you don't see everything one would think that. poke2.gif

Here is a late silver age beauty, and a shoe-in for my top ten. Yes. That's right. I am putting a Robin cover in my top ten. Someone who hates Robin with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. Nick Cardy is THAT fugging good. 17 will likely make it too.

TT14.jpg

Cardy's run of TT covers rivals just about anything imo, including Neal Adams' Batman. Wonderful stuff, and mostly unheralded. thumbsup2.gif

You really ARE a sissy! 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

TT14.jpg

a few more scans (not like that sissy Robin cover.....is there such a thing as chick comics?) tongue.gif

jim83.jpg

ff12vfroy.jpg

X-Men004.jpg

some Showcase covers should also be on the list (esp. #27)....as well as the KING KONG WHITMAN COMICS GIANT CLASSIC 1968 treasury size...

confused-smiley-013.gif

There are Showcase covers on the list. thumbsup2.gif Look closely.

As far as KING KONG WHITMAN COMICS GIANT CLASSIC 1968 treasury size... Do you have a scan?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is there more than one JIM #89 nomination allowed by the same person?

I never understood this. The JIM 89 was on the top of the page. 5th image over. confused-smiley-013.gif