• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another New eBay Policy...

12 posts in this topic

Just got this in my message folder this morning from eBay

Subject: Notification of Change to Your Feedback Received: Mar-09-06

You acted on this alert in My Messages, but it may still require your attention.

Dear mrwoogieman,

A user whom you have recently transacted with has been indefinitely suspended from eBay within 90 days of registration. We have removed any feedback they left for you or others.

eBay removes feedback when a user is indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.

To view your current feedback score, visit your Member Profile.

Regards,

eBay

This is news to me! And my feedback score was one lower...

You acted on this alert in My Messages, but it may still require your attention.

Dear mrwoogieman,

A user whom you have recently transacted with has been indefinitely suspended from eBay within 90 days of registration. We have removed any feedback they left for you or others.

eBay removes feedback when a user is indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.

Regards,

eBay

Good idea IMO.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

This was how it used to be back in the early days of eBay. If someone ever got NARU'd (not just withing 90 days) their feedback would be removed from your rating (although the comments would be viewable).

Dear mrwoogieman,

Regards,

eBay

I had the exact same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago.

Dear mrwoogieman,

Regards,

eBay

I had this same thing happen to me when they first instituted this awhile back. It lowered my score too and kind of ticked me off. I could see getting rid of negatives left by some insufficiently_thoughtful_person shill who just got on to neg people for fun or revenge, but why take away legitimate positives? Unless, they think it was a shill created to boost ratings, then I think the positives should stay, but whatever. I only lost a couple of scores from it, so it wasn't too major.