• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for my first comic book OA

6 posts in this topic

I have ZERO,NONE,NADA Original Art. It is an area I always wanted to get into but its costly for the better pieces. ( I am sure there are nice pieces that are cheap, they only piecesa I have ever looked at are $$$)

Anyway back to the reason for this post. The first two (2) comic books that I remember ever getting and reading were for my 7th birthday in 1977. Whitman versions of Fantastic Four 180 and Captain America 208.

I have recently bought nice copies of these two (2) books and have decided that I would like to have an original art page from each.

Can anyone tel me a good place to look for OA for these two issues and if not where a good place in general to look for OA is.

IMPORTANT QUESTION---- Looking for a ballpark figure for the price for an avg. page from each issue. I am guessing the fact that they are 29 years would mean I am looking at some decent money to buy these plus names like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

Thanks for any help. I am truly a NEWBIE at OA information, pieces, and prices.

it'll be very difficult to find art from two very specific comics

they're 30 years old, who knows how much of the OA was actually put onto the market, and what did may be in the hands of collectors who're not currently listing it for sale.

take a look, but I'd say a better method would be to go about it like "I'm a big fan of Captain America and the Fantastic Four, let me see if I can find ANY nice peices of them that're within my price ranger"

and Jack Kirby and Stan Lee didn't work on either of those books as far as I know, so you won't have to be paying prices that you would be if they did