• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO MANGA & ANIMECON, MARCH 11-12/06

11 posts in this topic

TORONTO SUPER MANGA & ANIMECON

MARCH 11-12/06

METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE

LOTS OF MANGA (JAPANESE COMICS)

SPECIAL GUESTS:

SCOTT MCNEIL

CRISPIN FREEMAN

MATT HILL

CHRIS SABAT

LUCI CHRISTIAN

TONY SAMPSON

ADMISSION $25 FOR 2 DAYS ($5 OFF COUPONS AVAILABLE AT MOST ANIME STORES)

SPECIAL KEY EVENTS:

COSPLAY IDOL WITH HOST CRISPIN FREEMAN

NORTH AMERICAN PREMIERE OF ANIMATION RUNNER KUROMI 2, COURTESY OF CENTRAL PARK MEDIA.

TOComiconMarchPosterFRONT2.jpg

how did you get the North am premier of

Animation Runner Kuromi 2 when its supposed to premier at the Paradise show?

Obviously this is just another dirty tactic from Hobby Star to try and

undermine their competition. Knowing nothing about what they are actually

trying to promote, they see something that Paradise has and they try and

steal it. It's the same old tired story.

Hello everybody, I just thought I would clarify which versions of Animation Runner Kuromi 2, were being shown at each event.

HSM will be showing the English dub version while the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon will be showing the Official North American Premiere of the Original Japanese (with subtitles) version.

Here is the letter from Central Park Media...

CPM Issues Apology to Canadian Fans for Premiere Mixup

(March 10, 2006 New York, NY)

Central Park Media, the leading anime and manga publisher in the United States, has issued a public apology to CPM's Canadian fans for causing confusion concerning the North American Premiere of CPM's upcoming Animation Runner Kuromi 2, directed by acclaimed director Akitaroh Daichi.

John O'Donnell, Managing Director, clarified the situation:

"Unfortunately, due to internal miscommunications at CPM, a commitment was made to two different organizations to screen Animation Runner Kuromi 2 as the North American Premiere. Obviously, only one can be the premiere. I would like to clarify that neither of the con organizers are responsible for this confusion - the problem is 100% CPM's fault.

To solve the problem, CPM has clarified that the screening of Animation Runner Kuromi 2 at this weekend's Toronto Animecon was actually meant to be the "Anime Convention Sneak Preview of the English dub version," and the April 28 to 30 Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon has always been meant to be the Official North American Premiere of the Original Japanese (with subtitles) version, the most authentic treatment of the program ."

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics Conventions

paradisecomics@wiznet.ca

www.torontocomicon.com

Dear Aman,

I am certainly flattered that you pay such close attention to what we do, so that you may better run an anime and manga convention yourself.

I suggest that you carefully read the press release sent by John at CPM. It

is very specific, and I was on the phone confirming with him exactly when it was sent. The HSM convention this weekend will be showing an aptly named "sneak peek" in English dubbing of Animation Runner Kuromi II.

Otaku Island PARADISE Toronto Comicon will be showing the subtitled version

at the end of April. I am sure that the people at CPM appreciate all of

your hard work; I know we do!

Thanks for a barrel of laughs today - I must admit that I never realized how

fully you embrace your philosophies. I wish you luck sir, and I salute you

as a man of his convictions.

Leon Emmett

Otaku Island Productions

You have it wrong... We are showing:

Original Japanese (with subtitles) version

You are getting the English Dubbed Version...

I have been reading this back and forth stuff since i became a member and I have to say not even knowing you HSM that you're a richard screwy.gif

Thank you to all the fans that made the 3rd annual Toronto Animecon a big success...  The Sneak Preview of Animation Kuromi Runner 2 was a big hit...  the guests were swamped all weekend...  A good time was had by all...

We look forward to seeing you at the Canadian National Anime Expo this summer, Sept 1-3/06...

Thank you....

Hsm

Thank you to all the fans that made the 3rd annual Toronto Animecon a big success...  The Sneak Preview of Animation Kuromi Runner 2 was a big hit...  the guests were swamped all weekend...  A good time was had by all...

We look forward to seeing you at the Canadian National Anime Expo this summer, Sept 1-3/06...

Thank you....

Hsm

Which version did you have?