• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner Feedback and Assistance

7 posts in this topic

After hearing positive comments and seeing some of the scans posted by board members using a Hewlett Packard Sacanjet 3970 I went out to by one today. I visited the big name stores such as Office Max, Staples, Circuiit city, Wal Mart, etc, and found that no one had one in stock.

I then went online to the HP website to find they dont carry any, Walmart.Com is out of stock. Do they still make em?? Can anyone recommend a reputable online source that may carry some. I even checked ebay there is one seller that has one unopened but the box is pretty beat and that concerns me. I would like to have the ability to post decent scans at a reasonable price and preferably get the slab and label in one shot. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jim.

I got mine on ebay for a bargain; I think I paid approx. $60, postpaid. If you search ebay for "scanjet 3970," you'll find some very promising results, from ebayers with attractive feedback ratings.

The last time I looked into it, the cost of a scanner that was large enough to scan a CGC slab in its entirety was, to my way of thinking, prohibitive. I splice two scans together to produce faithful, informative, and reasonably sized (usuallly smaller than 200 KB) scans of my CGC slabs.

umt102.jpg