• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wanted to introduce myself

36 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been browsing the forums for the past week and decided to regsiter a nickname and start posting. Looks like a very fun and informative place, and I look forward to discussing comics, silver age and otherwise.

-Chris

I guess I could have said a little more about myself huh? I'm very into silver age marvel, and I dabble in golden age dc when I can afford it. I haven't actively collected comics for quite some time, instead opting for Marvel Masterworks and DC Archives. I was around when cgc first started grading, but it just didn't seem like something I wanted to invest in at the time. Now I have a little more disposable income, and it seems like a fun way to spend it. I also collect records and japanese toys to pass the time between work, sleep and my family. I think that about covers me, what about you.

-Chris

Wow, those are great books Donna. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them, and how much did they set you back? I just got back from a convention this afternoon, and for the most part, all I could find were books in VG or less. I had a heck of a time finding anything in fine or better for a reasonable price. I only ended up getting 4 books that I was even remotely interested in. More and more I find myself buying things on the internet, because I just can't get what I want locally.

-Chris

Here's a few I've gotten this week. I'm lousy with the digital camera.

comics312063do.th.jpg

hi.gif Welcome to the boards!

Very colorful set of books!

I collect a little of everything -- though most all of my acquisitions over the last few years are 10 cent comics.

It's a little reduced in size, but this is what I use as wallpaper for my PC and should give you an idea of some of the comics I like.

Fifties_Comics_Wallpaper.jpg

Are those all books you own, or just stuff on the want list. If you own them, nice group, especially the startling terror.

-Chris

I have scans of all of them, does that count? confused-smiley-013.gif

The Startling Terror Tales is on sale at Metropolis for "only" $6882.

You can see scans of books I own in the Show Us Your 10 Cent thread and the pre-hero Marvel thread. I've also posted in a number of threads in the GA forum

Hi,

I've been browsing the forums for the past week and decided to regsiter a nickname and start posting. Looks like a very fun and informative place, and I look forward to discussing comics, silver age and otherwise.

-Chris

Slackers - what kinda welcome is that, with no BEYONDER in sight I'll do it.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

As an aside I know there were about 10 board members at SacCon today in your 'hood. Hopefully you will stick around, I think the NorCal crew will be at the Golden State con in Oakland in a month or so too.

hi.gif Jason

I collect early Action Comics Here's a couple at CGC now.

Comicdonna, could you PLEASE either resize your scans or trim all the black background. Your scans push every thread about six inches to the right, which means we have to scroll left and right to read every post. sign-rantpost.gif

As an aside I know there were about 10 board members at SacCon today in your 'hood. Hopefully you will stick around, I think the NorCal crew will be at the Golden State con in Oakland in a month or so too.

893whatthe.gif

That many at the Sacramento show today? Wow. Who were they?

Neurosis, welcome to the boards. Definitely come meet everybody at the show in May:

http://www.super-con.com/

Marc

this is what I use as wallpaper for my PC

Fifties_Comics_Wallpaper.jpg

27_laughing.gif so we do think alike sometimes, this has been my screen wallpaper for the last 4 years, also has been my hit list - Only missing Batman and Romantic Love 4 years later -

1145486-ComicBackDrops.jpg

1145486-ComicBackDrops.jpg.891f9f975af3c2d103bf908719562fed.jpg

I initially created the wallpaper so it would fill the entire background (4x6 = 24 books), but after I did that I couldn't find my icons amidst the covers. 27_laughing.gif

So I eliminated the books I had placed on the far left and the far right so that my icons show up against a solid blue background, leaving the center clear for the 16 comics. cloud9.gif

Scrooge: Is your background composed only of books from Mar 52?