• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

:gossip: That's the wrong torch. I WISH it was the 6.0. Of course if that's the one you MEANT to trade me, I'll gladly mail back the 4.0 to swap! lol

Actually, that was the one Bill started with. Parker upgraded into that and gave Bill the 4.0 and the Batman 11. Then Bill parlayed the 4.0 Torch 1 into the books you sent him.

He is a trading machine.

What would be interesting would be to see what these get traded for,

A red paper clip? (shrug)

Or some magic beans. :wishluck:

Bill and the Beanstalk!

FANTASTIC array of books (worship)

In an attempt to counteract so much gruesomeness, I pulled out the Aww Shucks Brigade -

Great display!

The Littlest Snowman CREEPED ME OUT when I was a kid.

Anyone else remember this macabre Christmas story?

Little Snowman sound link

Pathos, rejection, tragedy, helplessness, a friend melting...

Just the thing for a cheery holiday.

Is Captain Kangaroo reciting it here (I think so), or was it just a feature on his show?

I think we had the record on colored vinyl (yellow or red?), but I can't find a picture of the jacket on line.

Ooops, you were trying to counteract the gruesomeness. Carry on.

Jack

Here's my contribution. I had Pogo as one of my priorities for 2009. I just love Walt Kelly's covers and these are charming books. As it happened, I didn't have to wait long. In January an ebay seller listed #1-15 'in VF except for one or two'. Well, I didn't really expect that, but what I got was a lot that ranged from VG (only one, #5) with the rest F+ to VF+. I already had #16 (but have a better one coming from the VCC). But I couldn't wait to show off the group so, without further ado, here is the run of Dell Pogo Possum (still gotta find the two Four Color issues). [blatant plug - selling thread of undercopies coming soon...]

pogo004.jpg

I have a set of these -- even beaters of Four Color 105 and 148 -- and love 'em! Your copies look like they put mine to shame though.

Jack

This is such a great thread!

I thought I'd finally contribute a little since I'm a little bit of a weirdo and collect a couple goofy titles.

Raggedy Ann group shot! (I'm missing a few issues so please help if you have them! I do have a #3 on it's way in the mail)

100_0915.jpg

I'm so glad someone bumped this thread.

WOW, great stuff. I've turned into a huge fan of Raggedy Ann and Andy comics. I hope that you've looked inside. The stories are a cut above most Golden (to "Atomic") Age stories. Almost surreal with great artwork.

Congrats on the set. How many are missing?

Jack

Here's my contribution. I had Pogo as one of my priorities for 2009. I just love Walt Kelly's covers and these are charming books. As it happened, I didn't have to wait long. In January an ebay seller listed #1-15 'in VF except for one or two'. Well, I didn't really expect that, but what I got was a lot that ranged from VG (only one, #5) with the rest F+ to VF+. I already had #16 (but have a better one coming from the VCC). But I couldn't wait to show off the group so, without further ado, here is the run of Dell Pogo Possum (still gotta find the two Four Color issues). [blatant plug - selling thread of undercopies coming soon...]

Great collection! :) Makes me want to get some myself!

Matthew, if you re-read the end of my post, I'm sure we could make that happen. hm

Well...here are my pre-codes.....the family went to Houston for the weekend and I had some free time to do stuff like this. Sorry for the blown up pics. We have a new digital camera and I am still tweaking it. Forgive me this once for making you scroll your screen. :foryou:

Hope you enjoy seeing them all in one post!

Coolest post of the year! I don't think you posted one book which I wouldn't love to have! ^^

:o(worship):applause::headbang::banana:

I thought I'd finally contribute a little since I'm a little bit of a weirdo and collect a couple goofy titles.

Raggedy Ann group shot! (I'm missing a few issues so please help if you have them! I do have a #3 on it's way in the mail)

100_0915.jpg

WOW, great stuff. I've turned into a huge fan of Raggedy Ann and Andy comics. I hope that you've looked inside. The stories are a cut above most Golden (to "Atomic") Age stories. Almost surreal with great artwork.

Jack

I've got a 3 waiting for me when I get home which leaves missing 8 (mostly late issues) from this run. I have a top census Dell Giant copy and I don't have any of the Four Color issues of Raggedy yet which I'm always actively looking for.

100_0915.jpg

Jack

I've got a 3 waiting for me when I get home which leaves missing 8 (mostly late issues) from this run. I have a top census Dell Giant copy and I don't have any of the Four Color issues of Raggedy yet which I'm always actively looking for.

Fantastic!

My FC 533 and Dell Giant (the Feb 1955 one?) live up to the description Raggedy. The Dell Giant was a mind-boggling 50¢ buy but the FC set me back a full dollar. Not a single issue of the series unfortunately.

Not in your league!

Jack