• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Here's a small run of a Golden Age sci-fi title I just finished recently:

comics-spaceaction.jpg

There were only 3 issues, making it a good mini-goal to complete the run. For some reason, issue #2 was more difficult to find than #1 and #3 -- much more difficult.

I really like the fact that these covers are same artist, and they all have a very deep blackness to them. I also dig the way the title color changes.

Here's a small run of a Golden Age sci-fi title I just finished recently:

comics-spaceaction.jpg

There were only 3 issues, making it a good mini-goal to complete the run. For some reason, issue #2 was more difficult to find than #1 and #3 -- much more difficult.

I really like the fact that these covers are same artist, and they all have a very deep blackness to them. I also dig the way the title color changes.

I like them

Love the affect of an image seen in someones glasses or goggles. I wonder when that was first used, not just in comics but all graphic art - ads, pulps etc.

So it's not a large run of CDNP's, but at least it's the two best issues!

What are the insides like? Are they as cool inside as out?

I think the Crime Does Not Pay issues had lots of great art by Biro, Briefer, Mandel, Montana and Palais.

Here are a few examples from CDNP 22 and 37.

On the Palisades I think.

3576907910_c31c547820_b.jpg

3576104163_fd59936eac_b.jpg

3576104353_c2de1054ef_b.jpg

3576908900_34950d85da_b.jpg3576129263_9ff67d0131_b.jpg

I decided to try to put semblance of order to my GA slabbed books. They were scattered throughout my house (basically where I could find room for a box). Titles were ordered, well you get the idea. My raw books are actually more in order than the slabs. So for the slabbed books, after pulling everything out, this is where I started.

allcgc2.jpg

allcgc.jpg