• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Wonderful stuff Bill, your ripping through the Spectre run much faster than I am. No #54 yet?

Nope :(

Haven't found the right (affordable) copy yet

I hear yah. Someone offered me $3,800 via Heritage for my old 2.5 copy that I only paid $2,100 for. :cry:

Yikes. What you paid is about what I would want to pay. Restored will be fine.

Thanks guys. I will keep the faith. :cloud9:

Beautiful collection, Bill, ...and kidding aside, very nice couch too. (thumbs u

What you need now is an authentic Eame's chair for the ultimate in personal relaxation while reading those FUN puppies (trust me on this). :cloud9:

Thanks David. It's a sleeper sofa too for geeks that need a place, near comics, to crash.

Which Eame's chair do you recommend?

Sorry it's taken me this long to respond but I've been away most of the day.

I recommend the Santos Palisander finish with with black italian leather (this one is like the one I purchased from Design Within Reach in Dallas and had it shipped; but here is the Amazon description)

http://www.amazon.com/Palisander-Recliner-Lounger-Matching-ottoman/dp/B001AVPAWQ

What I like about the Eames lounger is how it fits in with just about every decor while retaining an unearthly elegance, ...and talk about comfort! :cloud9:

Oh, one other thing: unlike most other furniture, Eames retains or increases in value (NOT the knock-offs; Herman Miller is the only licensed manufacturer).

BTW, that's a remarkably humanitarian gesture providing a restful place near comics for geeks to crash. (thumbs u

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Here is a group shot of my slowly growing Fawcett collection. Not really chasing any runs per se, just buying affordable early hero issues for the most part.

fawcettgroupshot.jpg

Nice, especially the early Master and early Whiz :cloud9::cloud9:

Bill, will you be going for Nickel Comics (I have the 1-8 run and love 'em)?

100_1753.jpg

Here is a group shot of my slowly growing Fawcett collection. Not really chasing any runs per se, just buying affordable early hero issues for the most part.

fawcettgroupshot.jpg

Nice, especially the early Master and early Whiz :cloud9::cloud9:

Bill, will you be going for Nickel Comics (I have the 1-8 run and love 'em)?

100_1753.jpg

Gorgeous books! I do like Nickel Comics quite a bit. I'm sure I'll snag a couple along the way

Beautiful collection, Bill, ...and kidding aside, very nice couch too. (thumbs u

What you need now is an authentic Eame's chair for the ultimate in personal relaxation while reading those FUN puppies (trust me on this). :cloud9:

Thanks David. It's a sleeper sofa too for geeks that need a place, near comics, to crash.

I recommend the Santos Palisander finish with with black italian leather (this one is like the one I purchased from Design Within Reach in Dallas and had it shipped; but here is the Amazon description)

http://www.amazon.com/Palisander-Recliner-Lounger-Matching-ottoman/dp/B001AVPAWQ

What I like about the Eames lounger is how it fits in with just about every decor while retaining an unearthly elegance, ...and talk about comfort! :cloud9:

Oh, one other thing: unlike most other furniture, Eames retains or increases in value (NOT the knock-offs; Herman Miller is the only licensed manufacturer).

BTW, that's a remarkably humanitarian gesture providing a restful place near comics for geeks to crash. (thumbs u

:o $5500? You can get a padded chair at Boscov's for $55

I have a Herman Miller chair at my office. Very comfortable, but not nearly as nice as the Eames lounger. A bit out of my price range though

:o $5500? You can get a padded chair at Boscov's for $55

:insane: True, and you're probably thinking that I can get a padded cell for nothing, but it will probably cost you $500 more to have that Boscov's chair hailed to the dump several weeks after the purchase, ...provided it lasts that long. ;)

A bit out of my price range though

hm Let's see, ...Eames chair or comic ...Eames chair or comic ...Eames chair or comic

C'mon Bill, an Eames lounge chair isn't much more than one of our beloved 10c comics! :baiting:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Apologies for the poor scan but I did so want to post an image of Planet #12 to #30 having finally pulled the trigger on a nicely colored #25 that plugged an age-old gap! Still got a long way to with the rivet run - nine more to go and beginning to wonder if I'll ever make it!

P1010003.jpg

Here is a set of thumbs:

th_PlanetComics1230.jpgth_PlanetComics1330-1.jpgth_PlanetComics1420.jpgth_PlanetComics1520.jpgth_PlanetComics1650.jpgth_PlanetComics1765.jpgth_PlanetComics1860.jpgth_PlanetComics1970.jpgth_PlanetComics2065.jpgth_PlanetComics2150Toledo.jpgth_PlanetComics2255.jpgth_PlanetComics2365001.jpgth_PlanetComics2450.jpgth_PlanetComics2540.jpgth_PlanetComics2680.jpgth_PlanetComics2765.jpgth_PlanetComics2865NicolasCage.jpgth_PlanetComics2950.jpgth_PlanetComics3060.jpg

Apologies for the poor scan but I did so want to post an image of Planet #12 to #30 having finally pulled the trigger on a nicely colored #25 that plugged an age-old gap! Still got a long way to with the rivet run - nine more to go and beginning to wonder if I'll ever make it!

P1010003.jpg

Here is a set of thumbs:

th_PlanetComics1230.jpgth_PlanetComics1330-1.jpgth_PlanetComics1420.jpgth_PlanetComics1520.jpgth_PlanetComics1650.jpgth_PlanetComics1765.jpgth_PlanetComics1860.jpgth_PlanetComics1970.jpgth_PlanetComics2065.jpgth_PlanetComics2150Toledo.jpgth_PlanetComics2255.jpgth_PlanetComics2365001.jpgth_PlanetComics2450.jpgth_PlanetComics2540.jpgth_PlanetComics2680.jpgth_PlanetComics2765.jpgth_PlanetComics2865NicolasCage.jpgth_PlanetComics2950.jpgth_PlanetComics3060.jpg

(worship)

P1010003.jpg

Here is a set of thumbs:

:applause: Beautiful collection! Love that Planetary landscape! (thumbs u

joker 1 came in the other day from c'link, but i've just gotten around to the group shot. here are all 18 "big ol' fat" timely #1's [and, yes, i know the torch is sorta a 2].

p.s. 19; forgot about the single.

timely1s.jpg

krazy.jpg

joker 1 came in the other day from c'link, but i've just gotten around to the group shot. here are all 18 "big ol' fat" timely #1's [and, yes, i know the torch is sorta a 2].

timely1s.jpg

:o Wow!

(worship)

timely1s.jpg

:o Wow!

(worship)

Teriffic grouping Billy! :o

p.s. 19; forgot about the single.

timely1s.jpg

krazy.jpg

Good Lord Man!!!! :o

Thanks for assembling them for our viewing pleasure, a sweeeet pic to say the least.

:headbang: