• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

I have enough of these now to make a group shot worthwhile. I blame Chuck Rozanski for this. One of his emails years ago mentioned EC comics as being the best ever - I'd never seen one and thought I should check them out. I like them all, but have settled on War and Scifi for now. This is the result (so far).

EC_scifi_apr_11.jpg

otherECsapr2011.jpg

I have enough of these now to make a group shot worthwhile. I blame Chuck Rozanski for this. One of his emails years ago mentioned EC comics as being the best ever - I'd never seen one and thought I should check them out. I like them all, but have settled on War and Scifi for now. This is the result (so far).

EC_scifi_apr_11.jpg

otherECsapr2011.jpg

Nice. Whatever you do though, don't listen to Chucks tattoo recommendations :eek:

5582363550_3bb7f6e63f_z.jpg

I found a small group of Calgary EyeOpeners at a flea market and purchased a couple more on ebay.

Barks only has a few cartoons in the early issues but probably did a lot of unsigned work in the later ones.

Edited by BB-Gun

5582363550_3bb7f6e63f_z.jpg

I found a small group of Calgary EyeOpeners at a flea market and purchased a couple more on ebay.

Barks only has a few cartoons in the early issues but probably did a lot of unsigned work in the later ones.

That's really cool. Are they expensive, or aren't there many Barks colelctors after them?

Made the long trek westward again today for the second installment of the huge batch of golden age and pulps I've been whittling away at. And so, without further ado, here are some pictures of today's haul

DSCF2012.jpg