• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

5564781010_f23ea4d46e_z.jpg

And some of the BLB issues. I have another box but I think most of the good ones are in this box except for the Fast Actions.

Dave Robie is the Big Little Book master. I was told he was a second generation collector as well. He has a lot of nice comics, BLBs and toys. He sold me several books and Geppi a lot more but he still has a lot of them in mint condition.

5586595445_651daf06d5_z.jpg

No sir. Not if I want to stay married, and I do! :)

I will start listing the first batch today. This batch will take a while to grade and price.

So spend some money with a brother!

I love buying books from you Bill.In fact I tried to buy one last week.. :baiting:

DSCF2019.jpg

I tried to buy that Mighty Mouse for $20 but didn't get a nibble. I wonder if you bought from the same guy that sold me some of my Detective comics.

5551792644_dc07d3de33_z.jpg

Not sure, but you can buy it from me soon :):baiting:

LOVE that Tec 43 :applause:

I will start listing the first batch today. This batch will take a while to grade and price.

I love buying books from you Bill.In fact I tried to buy one last week.. :baiting:

You did? (shrug)

You did? (shrug)

Heh -- reminds me of Bill's reactions to my offers.

"You call that a BID?"

:D

Jack

"You call that a BID?"

Jack

At least Bill has some sense to say no to you :taptaptap:

Alright, ... so the story goes, some time in 2009, twice mind you, I mail comic funny books to Jack for a trade, the first time books from my collection and the second time, I go to a shop specifically to buy books to fill in Jack's want list and mail him the books. I front the $$ b/c I'm that kind of guy.

Since then I have moved cross-country and I have yet to receive anything from Jack :sumo: This is not forcing me to live under a bridge of course, ... but I could use some of his Atlas War books to fill in the holes in my collection :baiting:

"You call that a BID?"

Jack

At least Bill has some sense to say no to you :taptaptap:

Alright, ... so the story goes, some time in 2009, twice mind you, I mail comic funny books to Jack for a trade, the first time books from my collection and the second time, I go to a shop specifically to buy books to fill in Jack's want list and mail him the books. I front the $$ b/c I'm that kind of guy.

Since then I have moved cross-country and I have yet to receive anything from Jack :sumo: This is not forcing me to live under a bridge of course, ... but I could use some of his Atlas War books to fill in the holes in my collection :baiting:

I can help you with your Atlas war Jones :)

5582363550_3bb7f6e63f_z.jpg

I found a small group of Calgary EyeOpeners at a flea market and purchased a couple more on ebay.

Barks only has a few cartoons in the early issues but probably did a lot of unsigned work in the later ones.

That's really cool. Are they expensive, or aren't there many Barks colelctors after them?

I think the July issue may be a little hard to find and more costly but the rest are less than $100 a piece when I purchased them.

Some early over-sized sci-fi pulps :cloud9:

IMG_7090.jpg

Absolutely beautiful books, RF. That Paul "eye" cover celebrating the history of mankind's technological achievements is one of my all time favorite covers from the Gernsback years. (thumbs u

Thanks for sharing! :applause:

Yeah, those are real beauties. :luhv:

I was working on building a run of Gernsback era Amazings before getting back into GA comics, but 80+ year old pulps have gotten much harder to find in grade and the prices are climbing accordingly. (shrug)

IMG_7090.jpg

Absolutely beautiful books, RF. That Paul "eye" cover celebrating the history of mankind's technological achievements is one of my all time favorite covers from the Gernsback years.

It's an amazing illustration.

Here is a scan I swiped off the Internet to show it to those of you who may not be familiar with the cover.

amazingstories192804.jpg