• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

a terrific group shot. if you don't like those, you don't like funny-books. very hard to choose, but i'm going with the witchcraft as my fave. probably cuz of all the ogling i did at ricky's last month. the others are at a disadvantage as a result.

Thanks Michael and Billy. I hope to pick up a few books this year Bill P. We will see where that goes.

Rich's WC5 has a few numbers up on mine. Mine is a 7.0 OW....but it is an old label that looks like a 7.5-8.0. A press would probably get it to 8.0.

For those who care, here is a breakdown on the Ped/Collection books in my pic:

1 Bethlehem

1 Palo Alto

1 Edenwald (collection)

1 Crowley

2 River City

2 White Mountain

5 Northford

Edited by Wrightson fan

Thanks Christian. I kept what I could, but books like the Worlds of Fear 3, Venus 19, Mystery Tales 19 are the ones I wish were still in the pic. However, the funds went towards things like a new Canon SLR, ect. It was nice to buy some things and not have to pull money out of savings to do so.

Thanks Christian. I kept what I could, but books like the Worlds of Fear 3, Venus 19, Mystery Tales 19 are the ones I wish were still in the pic. However, the funds went towards things like a new Canon SLR, ect. It was nice to buy some things and not have to pull money out of savings to do so.

I did the same thing with some Silver Age comics and books about 5 years ago to buy a Canon 500mm lens. Then I sold the lens about a year ago to buy Golden Age comics.

IMG_0445.jpg

Looks like you have two comics too many. Better give a couple of them to me so you can have a more croppable group shot.

5561282127_005f868e6c_b.jpg

or you can just pile 'em up as if you were busy reading in the middle of the pile!

Ok, the forthcoming group shots are all of Platinum Age books but I presume they are welcome among their Golden Age descendants!

I love these old books because of the history they represent. Frankly, they make for difficult reading as the generational humor has not been carried down through the century.

These are from 1919 - 1934.

DSCN3180.jpg