• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Though truth be told, the bigger news around Scrooge's home is this group shot with Mom and Scrooge 2.2 a.k.a. Colette Marion, healthily born on Wednesday @ 9 a.m. :luhv:

ColetteandMaman2.jpg

I'm late to the party, but ... many congratulations, Michael! :applause: All best wishes for little Colette and family.

I like to collect my favorite GA titles in runs of 10, and this is the latest:

100_7533.jpg

A couple of those in the top row are almost impossible to find in grade. :applause:

Indeed - the ADV 36 and ADV 39 have the Big Apple squiggle on them, though they weren't sold to me as such. I think of the Big Apples as being mid-40's books, but apparently there were some even earlier (e.g., I have a Slam-Bang Big Apple, 1940).

My knowledge is weak regarding the Big Apples, so I'd be interested in learning more.

The ADV 37 has no back cover and tape and other problems - I need an upgrade. :wishluck:

You've seen the ADV 38 - CGC 9.4, cover cleaned, drop-dead gorgeous book.

Thanks all for the kind comments, and especially thanks to MrBedrock for selling me the final issue to complete the run. :angel: