• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

It is an amazing work. Here's a slightly larger scan I made yesterday and posted over in the Pulp thread.

AmazingStoriesVol3No1Apr1928.jpg

2240016600_79fd30a4ff_z.jpg

Here is a scan of the cover which I posted on BZ's thread over a year ago.

Some more from the "M box".

5598925915_3b23de0aac_z.jpg

I like all of the Mad comics and some of the Motion Picture comics were pretty good. Ms. Victory looks like R. Crumb did the art but it is a Quinlan special.

Marge's Lulu fits in there too.

5599507340_00ea1cfa39_z.jpg

And I like those Lulu stories.

I like all of the Mad comics and some of the Motion Picture comics were pretty good. Ms. Victory looks like R. Crumb did the art but it is a Quinlan special.

Excellent stuff as always BB.

I like the Lulu stories too, quite funny even today

Excellent stuff as always BB.

I like the Lulu stories too, quite funny even today

Yeah, Lulu is one of those titles I always stop to read when I get them in collections.

Hey, is that an elusive Millie the Model #2 in the upper right? Nice!

DSCF2019.jpg

I tried to buy that Mighty Mouse for $20 but didn't get a nibble. I wonder if you bought from the same guy that sold me some of my Detective comics.

5551792644_dc07d3de33_z.jpg

That Mighty Mouse is available for sale in the Marketplace section at half that price :baiting:

5603302601_4ff0e0a296_z.jpg

Some promotional comics

The promotional comics post was inspired by the acquisition of the "Fearless Fosdick and the Case of the Red Feather" comic.

Red Feather organization was the precursor to the United Way and it funded the polio research that led to the vaccine from Lederle where I used to work. I think there is a Donald Duck and the Red Feather also (which I would like to have). I don't have any other Fearless Fosdick comics but I have other issues with work by Capp. He produced books for several public service projects. The characters were immensely popular in the fifties and inspired the production of at least two movies. One with Julie Newmar as "Stupefying Jones".

Here are some other comics from the Fearless Fosdick box.

5604918814_75bbf0d6bd_b.jpg

BB, BB, BB, BB, BB,

you have to get Abner #68- the 'Anyface' saga is one of the gretest comic books ever- we are talking top ten stuff here.Lester Gootch sits in a closet in the dark in an asylum drawing out the Fosdick adventure slipping finished pages under the crack at the door bottom. Abner is beside himself waiting for the 'daily fix', while Anyface makes 'masters of disguise' look like greenhorns, and Fosdick is well- Fosdick- oh baby this is a graphic novel for the ages- probably strip reprints but nicely formatted into that all-important package. get now and fall in love...

img536.jpg

BB, BB, BB, BB, BB,

you have to get Abner #68- the 'Anyface' saga is one of the gretest comic books ever- we are talking top ten stuff here.Lester Gootch sits in a closet in the dark in an asylum drawing out the Fosdick adventure slipping finished pages under the crack at the door bottom. Abner is beside himself waiting for the 'daily fix', while Anyface makes 'masters of disguise' look like greenhorns, and Fosdick is well- Fosdick- oh baby this is a graphic novel for the ages- probably strip reprints but nicely formatted into that all-important package. get now and fall in love...

img536.jpg

I will try for an issue. Mostly I have memories of Fosdick stories and a black and white reprint. I could use a few more comics... :wishluck:

5607760810_2092911903_z.jpg

Some more recent acquisitions.

WOW :o Where have been shopping to come home with all those lovelies?

Recent means in the past few months or so. The Crackajack, with the Giant Plane cover, was from Flatrock a few years ago but I don't think I posted it before.

It is kind of a poorman's Marvel Mystery 44. The rest are mostly off ebay. :blush:

Edited by BB-Gun

Here are some other comics from the Fearless Fosdick box.

5604918814_75bbf0d6bd_b.jpg

Beautiful selection, sir! I'm up to 36 books added to my want list now thanks to

you posts, and one added to my "yeah, I know I want it but don't even put it on

my want list 'cause it'll never happen" list (Double Comics!)

Nice! What issue of Rocket's Blast and Alter Ego are those in the bottom row there?

That is an Alter Ego #2 reprint and Rocket's Blast #14 original. Jerry never sent me any of the first three issues until 1997 or so. I ordered issue #3 in 1961 or 1962 but it was worth the wait.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

A couple of pulps group shots. After I took the first picture, I thought it might work better if done alphabetically. hm...where did I put that other box of Amazing pulps.

I guess I could add a couple of fillers and add the rest of the Amazings to the Argosy pulps next time. OK?

5621838510_d81fde15d8_z.jpg

5621916878_0bdc30d753_z.jpg

Random Group Shot #1

- Action Comics #61 and #108 (2 of my favorite covers of the title).

- Wonder Woman #6 (1st Cheetah)

- Green Lantern #30 (1st Streak the Wonder Dog) + (one i have never seen posted on the boards before).

groupDC.JPG

Ben.

Random Group Shot #1

- Action Comics #61 and #108 (2 of my favorite covers of the title).

- Wonder Woman #6 (1st Cheetah)

- Green Lantern #30 (1st Streak the Wonder Dog) + (one i have never seen posted on the boards before).

Ben.

Nice stuff, Ben! (THUMBS U