• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

I am not familar with GA book or their QP, but on many of the listed book so far, does the top edge look trimmed?

Which makes no sense since the rest of the book is in terrible shape, and not worth it to trim one edge.

I was just curious as to why several look so nice and crisp. And the registration is WAY off.

Is this typical in GA books.

Ze-

Man you must have been burned many times in your life to take out all your unspent anger

That's not it at all, and I don't think I've ever been "burned" in my life. I'm quite intelligent and no one gets the upper hand on me.

But I do know of friends and family members who got rooked, some by other family members during estate scams, and in my younger days.. let's just say I "supported the victim" and leave it at that.

And if you want to get into personal attacks and predictions on exactly who you are (like you just did to me), your education, financial standing,etc. just let me know. devil.gif

I'm done here

Everytime I post on this thread, I feel like taking a long shower. yeahok.gif

You said it, not us.

Bye Bye

hi.gif

I WAS done until greaseball here started in on the personal attacks. I guess I'll be around awhile longer... grin.gif

...you should feel lucky you've only been on the boards a few days, the rest of us have had to listen to it for years!

It's nice to know what side of the "moral fence" many of you sit on.

Freaking unbelieveable that you all hammer on me, and I'd never even think of keeping a penny more than I'm entitled to.

I guess, noting where it comes from, I should take the abuse as a compliment.. acclaim.gif

Slippery slope, maybe, i'll just have to try and use good judgement in this venture.

Here's another thing that wasn't mentioned, there's alot more stuff available that he's going to send, not just this stuff, mostly rare books, etc...but i'd like to make this work so i'm trying to do it as honestly as i can by giving him the lions share of the cut since he's the one sending out the stuff.

oh, and i've been burned..had a working relationship with a guy from new york for about 3 years, we were at the stage where i would send him comics, he would send me money. Reached a head when i went overseas, he wanted a couple long boxes I had taken with me, shipping was alot back to the states but i sent them, knowing he would send the money.

guess what...

he never did, move out of his apartment, left his wife, i lost a few thousand on that deal.

Joe, everyone has been burned, maybe not you but you've seen it done and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth for years, my wife still mentions the guys name and that was over 10 years ago. I'm honest unfortunately to the point of probably being on the verge of gullability but i like to think i've become a bit wary after having been taken to the cleaners a few times.

...you should feel lucky you've only been on the boards a few days, the rest of us have had to listen to it for years!

Freaking unbelieveable that you all hammer on me, and I'd never even think of keeping a penny more than I'm entitled to.

I guess, noting where it comes from, I should take the abuse as a compliment.. acclaim.gif

Now pay attention class.....if you look closely you will see examples of a masterfully done, but atypical flame response. Where the flamer (JC) brings up the moral issue to try and bring in more subjects, and actually makes a joke as a form of damage control.

Well done sir, well done

Ze-

I won't apologize for the message, but I will for the tone.

As I stated before, my sister's in-laws were part of a major scam, whereby most of the estate was sold, but the valuable antiques and rarities were all scammed by one family - we're talking serious money here. With so much stuff, and all the individual checks being sent out, it's easy to scam, and since they were family, everyone trusted them.

Just a horrible, horrible, family-shattering experience, and even typing this almost drives me to violence on their sorry souls. I think your "joke" was in extremely bad taste, but I do apologize if I took some of it out on you.

I'm quite intelligent and no one gets the upper hand on me.

No you just can't admit defeat. When you can't win on the merit of your argument you just start insulting the person's intelligence and not actually addressing the valid points they bring up.

Or perhaps I should just apply one of your patented belittling responses... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"You don't honestly believe that do you! 27_laughing.gif"

"You don't honestly believe that do you! 27_laughing.gif"

Anyone who honestly thinks I'm stupid is a Grade-A insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Even my greatest enemies on here wouldn't take that "you're stupid" angle. 27_laughing.gif

I will also apologize for even giving the slight impression that i would ever do anything to hurt my uncle by not giving him his fair share. when you post over 200 posts in a couple days you're bound to post something that someone will potentially take out of context.

JC,

You don't know the guy! How can you know this man's heart from an internet

chat? That's why I think people hammer you... you've made a moral

judgement on his character based on little more than 24 hours

worth of information. Does he beat his wife, too? Is he a thoughtless

father?

I haven't been in as many similar situations as you seem to have been

in your life, but I for one believe in giving people the benefit of

the doubt... I might need it myself one day.

Sincerely,

Dan

and so i need to get to grading, plus i'm behind on my real work, no hard feelings here, i'm a forgive and forget type of person (for the most part), my wife on the other hand she'd strangle the guy from new york if she ever got the chance