• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Yes yes i've read all the stories about people 'lying' about finding said collection in said aunts attic. Anyway this one is true, and it may contain a box of crumbly comics or it could contain alot more than that.

My uncle had an elderly lady staying with him until the point she died...anyways he called me about 8 months ago and said she had left him some of her items as she didn't have any surviving relatives. Among the items she left were around 13 BLBs from the mid 30s (and an oversized Tracy) and approx 150-200 GA books, and apparently not the typical walt disney stuff you tend to find but superhero comics from the 1940s (Batman, CAmerica, etc.)

Took him 8 months to send them out but they're arriving today. My stomach is in knots wondering if there could be just one gem in the lot. He said they were in 'nice' shape but that's from a guy who didn't know comics were worth more than cover price.

The 'stomach in knots' is in two parts...Part 1 did he pack them well...they're coming from florida and i told him to pack them so that they didn't shift around (hopefully he didn't use duct tape) Part 2 is my unrealistic vision of finding some really nice books in lot. He wants to sell them so i took on the task of pricing them out and putting them on ebay.

I'll post some scans if there's anything of interest. Pouring rain outside, hopefully the UPS guy doesn't drop them in the mud as i doubt there's any type of moisture protection in the box.

Just ONCE i'd like to 'discover' some GA comics and have them turn out to be something special.

hah, hold on now...i'll post when i get them...knowing UPS it may not be until later this afternoon (eastern time). Just thought i would toss out what was happening and get some responses at my unfounded expectations. Tell you what.l'll post a picture of the box they arrive in if that helps.

Only thing i know is the BLBs were Betty Boop, Tom Mix, Tracy, some other names....he mentioned Batman several times when talking about the comics, i'm guessing she or her brother or whatever was a Batman collector and there may be multiple issues of him.

what i'm hoping is, because the comics were in with the BLBs that they're early 40s maybe some late 30s...he was assuming they were all 1940s but he knows absolutely nothing about comics and i seriously doubt he knows where to look to see the dates.

well it's real alright..had to sell my collection a couple years back when i lost my job...had a pretty good run of Iron Man and a few keys helped me survive until i could start my computer repair business. No hidden agenda here, btw, just wanting to share my experience with this, figured it was the best place to do it.

Only had a couple books CGC'd, hopefully there will be a couple worthy ones in here.