• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

I have a feeling it's not a list you want to be on?

I have a feeling it's not a list that is of much importance.

Moving on. Have you found any GA comics that are in *nice* condition? confused-smiley-013.gif

You're not very *nice*.

Coming from you, I'm not sure whether that's an insult or not.

I was merely commenting on the FACT that most of the Batman comics he has up for sale are in *bad* shape. I'm hoping that he'd have some more Batman/Detective comics in better shape.

I have a feeling it's not a list you want to be on?

I have a feeling it's not a list that is of much importance.

Moving on. Have you found any GA comics that are in *nice* condition? confused-smiley-013.gif

You're not very *nice*.

Coming from you, I'm not sure whether that's an insult or not.

I'm sure. Well, pretty sure, anyway...

Doesn't help that i was delayed posting covers...try and post more today if anyone is still interested. Not sure many are into Jungle or Jumbo though

I like the Jungle/Jumbo stuff! Let's see them! thumbsup2.gif

He's really trying to get you Jungle/Jumbo collectors salivating, isn't he? How many times has he "rhetorically" asked if anyone is into Jungle or Jumbo books now?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was going to compliment him on a nice Jungle he posted a while back...so instead I'm saying it now.

I like seeing these old comics. laugh.gif

There were some guesstimates as to how much this collection would sell for, from what i've seen so far it will probably be around 4-5k once everything is sold, which isn't too bad considering quite a few of the books were low grades. There's alot more activity on the low grades than I would have expected (but someone did mention that low grade GA stuff was getting more popular, so I know what I'll be looking for at estate sales), they seem to be going for around 50% of the OS good price and some are getting pretty close to the OS good price. That 4-5k figure is just counting the comics, not the BLBs.

The one thing that surprised me was the going price for the Tracy BIG BIG which is like $5-10 on ebay, which seems very low. Maybe BLBs haven't quite caught hold yet. So not sure whether it's worth it right now to put those up for sale.

Anyways, just thought i'd give an update as to what was going on, in case anyone was still interested.

The one thing that surprised me was the going price for the Tracy BIG BIG which is like $5-10 on ebay, which seems very low. Maybe BLBs haven't quite caught hold yet. So not sure whether it's worth it right now to put those up for sale.
I have BLB's, but I'm not actively looking for any more. I would advise you to sell one at a time, but months apart.

Or put them in some sort of Ebay store. Someone will eventually buy them, but it may take time.

Thanks for the BLB advice, I was thinking of doing that, scattered, seems a bad idea to sell them as a lot unless you're a buyer, good way to get some inexpensive BLBs though if someone does that. They seem to have a little more love than 78 rpms.