• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

If you put up any of the Fiction Houses, can I request that the auctions don't end until Sunday? I will definitely be bidding on the bondage cover books, but will not have computer access until then.

You mean your wifes account has 100% feedback. poke2.gif

Seriously though.. I think you are fine. If a person overbids, it wont be because they think they are getting something they are not. You were clear about the books You did your part.

Im just messing with ya..since JC left I felt the need to pick up the slack.

Ze-

Here's the thing about overbidding...if someone overbids, they start regretting it and may not complete the transaction...or they may get the book and realize they bid too much and then cause a stink and start threatening negative feedback, etc by nitpicking some tiny flaw that wasn't mentioned....i want, unrealistically of course, for people to just bid what they know the book is worth at least to them and not get caught up in the moment. Asking the impossible yes, but I want a smooth flowing auction with no one (or very few) whining about anything hidden concerning the books.

But hey, that's just me smile.gif

I didnt read alot of the earlier posts in this thread. I stareted when the scans started to show up, sorry..what is your Ebay handle? And why not use it?

Ze-

hah, yea wouldn't want too much love flowing through the thread...yeah i call it my account on occassion since it pretty much is except for the name....long story behind all of that but, hey this is a comics forum

i hope people don't overbid quite honestly, i like everyone to be happy with their purchases and I don't want any regrets when they get it, bidders can get carried away with things every now and then.

27_laughing.gif, ok to be JC for a sec

Who the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? are you kidding?

But it was nice of you to at least appear money was not important. poke2.gif

Ze-

Seriously foreheadslap.gif

If you were worried about people overbidding, create a BIN in the Marketplace with fair/realistic prices and watch them fly confused-smiley-013.gif

Save on listing fees and FVF

had a problem with my account, though it's still open my computer was hacked via irc, etc...had my paypal account drained, etc..etc...very ugly..took me a few months to even want to use my account again and by then i had started my wife's account and had enough positives and recent auctions that I used that one. Wife is not very trusting of the internet, understandably so putting it in her name gave her the 'power' at least in her mind.

My original account was Krighton userid...this one has over 100 more feedback than that one so it's pretty much dead.

i could do a Buy it Now, and may do it in the future, however i've been burned on those also...considering the condition i'm not sure what BIN to put on these particular ones...and i don't mind letting the bidders decide (since i originally said that i'm fairly new to GA) as long as they don't freak out. Sure, most people that overbid pay up and accept they paid too much and i'm find by that, but there's always a psycho or two out there that can make things a bit tiresome.

If the situation hadn't happened a few times then I wouldn't have mentioned it, no way i can really control people anyways except maybe doing a BIN and then I of course don't want to do one that's too low...I see posting this often gives people alot to think about which can sometimes leave to confusion.

I'm going to be serious here for a second, and then I'm done with this thread.

I have been in the same boat as you several times, asked by older family members or friends to sell some of their unneeded items, from cars to old violins and everything in-between.

Many times, there were a few valuable items in there that I could have "withheld" or otherwise taken as "payment" and no one would have known - except me and I just can't scam someone. The "taking items in lieu of payment" is also a very slippery slope, as until you sell it, how do you know what FMV is?

Is taking an extremely valuable first print book out of a stack of lower-priced editions a "fair price"? How about taking a Bobby Orr rookie as "payment" from a stack of old hockey cards? Who knows, and the problem is sliding down that slippery slope and rationalizing it some other way.

So I decided a long time ago the only ethical way to do this is to sell 100% of everything, pool the money and everyone takes their cut. That way you have no question asked and I sleep at night.

But do what you want, as I'm done here. Everytime I post on this thread, I feel like taking a long shower. yeahok.gif

Hes not going to rip his uncle off. If he does, then karma will get him. Since when are you the moral police around here?

It's me...

Just kiddin

Yeah, the price of the 30 is what got me reflecting on past deals and which may prompt me to do some BIN on things where i know what the price should be. Hey, i'm paranoid by nature, add that into any illogical posts I might have.

Prettttty sure he's not gone just yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just to be clear, since everyone is piling on Joe for having a differing viewpoint about this whole thing (and for being a generally abrasive individual), you're all on board with this story?

Everyone here believes the whole "uncle in Florida" and "old woman" and "shed" aspects of this story? It doesn't smack of old-fashioned, Mile-High salesmanship to anyone?

I'm not looking to make accusations or cast aspersions, I'm just very curious about this.

Why should anyone doubt it? We've all heard stories or been offered collections - either big or small - of old comics. Heck, i see old books almost every month at swamp meets. Most happen to be beat-up funny animal comics, but we all know that those weren't the only comics read back then. And if they survived untouched (though perhaps bug-eaten) in someone's basement or attic for 50 years, why is it so hard to believe that the same can't happen with more valuable superhero books? So yeah, i do believe that old comics can still be found by old relatives in old sheds.

The other part of your argument that i don't understand is why would posting these books here with a "story" do anything to increase their value? This is hardly a pedigree collection, and i would think that anyone interested in buying these issues would do so whether they were found in a shed or not. I don't care where the [embarrassing lack of self control] people find their old comics to sell, and i don't base my interest in them or my bids for them on the specifics of their "discovery." Why would anyone? confused-smiley-013.gif

if you're concerned about returns, or for "buyer's remorse," then sell some books in the Forum Marketplace.

you won't get as much as you would in the open market that is feeBay, but your exposure to the above concerns is lessened considerably (although not eliminated)