• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

photobucket is a bit annoying, if you don't crop it correctly they resize it down which is why you will see a small version every now and then...course there's that or i just don't know what i'm doing.

photobucket is a bit annoying, if you don't crop it correctly they resize it down which is why you will see a small version every now and then...course there's that or i just don't know what i'm doing.

Remind me to not have you repair my computer then.

poke2.gif

Ze-

I started ending my auctions on sat or sunday becasue they were pulling higher amounts. I think weekend is better as more people can get to computer and arent at work. Not all of us (shh my boss dont know) can get on the computer at work to bid on ebay stuff. Just my 2 cents. thumbsup2.gif

I also agree with the ending days on comic auctions. I've always had higher sales on Sat., Sun. and Friday not bad either. Middle of the week always sucked for me. Many times if doing a 7 day I do a Sat. to Sat. get two weekends in or spring for a 10 day to go Weds. to Sat. again getting 2 weekends in. I seems like us comic people stay home alot! Also it seems to work well for Heritage ending on Sunday nights!

I for one say stick to the ebay route if you don't want to short-change yourself. Low grade Golden Age superhero books are one of the hottest commodities going on ebay (and Batmans to boot!). List them there for under $10 and they will find their true value.

Any (uninformed) attempts on your part to set an artificial value by way of BIN listings here or on ebay only opens the door to your losing money. You just never know what someone is willing to spend in relation to guide for certain books in a certain grade.

Even doing a forum only listing will exclude many more potential buyers for your books. Although I'm sure the buyers here would greatly appreciate the gesture.

You need to make sure the scans are under the 1MB limit. If the size is under 1MB, photobucket leaves them alone and then you can manually reduce the size with the photobucket editor.

I use the "JPEG Wizard" software to reduce the image size before uploading.

Also, if your scans are coming out to over 1MB jpegs, you must be using like a 300dpi or setting the jpeg quality really high. Switch to 200dpi and use a jpeg quality from 40-50, and they will be around 600-700KB.

I for one say stick to the ebay route if you don't want to short-change yourself. Low grade Golden Age superhero books are one of the hottest commodities going on ebay (and Batmans to boot!). List them there for under $10 and they will find their true value.

Any (uninformed) attempts on your part to set an artificial value by way of BIN listings here or on ebay only opens the door to your losing money. You just never know what someone is willing to spend in relation to guide for certain books in a certain grade.

Even doing a forum only listing will exclude many more potential buyers for your books. Although I'm sure the buyers here would greatly appreciate the gesture.

Even though I am a proponent of fixed price and store listings on eBay, I agree with Woogie in regards to the low grade DCs you have. The market is active enough where there can be that unexplainable spark of eBay magic where you least expect it.

For higher priced items, and even the Fawcetts and BLBs, I would take some pause and consider a more conservative approach.

i'm using 90dpi for most of the scans though probably 72 is good enough for web viewing.

How can the size be coming out to over 1MB? Do you have the jpeg quality at 100? Are you scanning to .tif or .gif output?

thanks for the advice...as i said my knowledge of GA stuff is limited and I didn't know there was an upturn in the desire of these books (or i wouldn't have mentioned my concern about people's bidding habits). If higher prices for copies that aren't that good tend to be higher than someone without a great deal of GA knowledge would expect, then so be it.