• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey Sense

11 posts in this topic

Ive been watching the Spidey and Amazing Friends cartoon again...and there was one part where the characters were in a dark area, Spidey used his Spidey Sense and Iceman told him to "turn down" the sense because it was going to give them away due to the glow from Spidey's eyes, which had an actual glow around them!)

Anybody know if this "glowing" eye subject ever came up in any of the books?? confused.gif

Note: for those who had a problem understanding my previous post on the subject of this cartoon, let me dumb it down alittle...

Spider-man...the one with the web-shooters and red and blue costume has something called a "Spidey-sense" that allows him to sense danger...

Iceman...has ice all over his body and can shoot ice from his hands, hence the name....

When...Spiderman....used....his...spider sense....there...was...a...glow....around...his...eyes

Has...this...ever...been...seen...in...the....comic...book?

(If thats still too fast for you....well then tough luck! makepoint.gif )

Ive been watching the Spidey and Amazing Friends cartoon again...and there was one part where the characters were in a dark area, Spidey used his Spidey Sense and Iceman told him to "turn down" the sense because it was going to give them away due to the glow from Spidey's eyes, which had an actual glow around them!)

Anybody know if this "glowing" eye subject ever came up in any of the books?? confused.gif

Note: for those who had a problem understanding my previous post on the subject of this cartoon, let me dumb it down alittle...

Spider-man...the one with the web-shooters and red and blue costume has something called a "Spidey-sense" that allows him to sense danger...

Iceman...has ice all over his body and can shoot ice from his hands, hence the name....

When...Spiderman....used....his...spider sense....there...was...a...glow....around...his...eyes

Has...this...ever...been...seen...in...the....comic...book?

(If thats still too fast for you....well then tough luck! makepoint.gif )

No, that was just an effect for the cartoon. Just like in the 90's Spider-man cartoon there would be these flashing colors to show his spider sense "tingling". I use to love Spider-man and his Amazing Friends as a kid and have a few episodes on tape from when they were released back in the early 90's. I even have the two episodes where the X-men guest-starred. thumbsup2.gif

I always wondered if his Spidey Sense would go off for every-day dangerous situations that all guys need help with.

Like if Mary Jane suggests that they rent a Movie, would his Spidey Sense kick in and warn him that she's going to suggest "Steel Magnolias"?

if Mary Jane suggests that they rent a Movie, would his Spidey Sense kick in and warn him that she's going to suggest "Steel Magnolias"?

Or warn them not to rent LOST IN TRANSLATION.

I always like how Ditko shown Peter with half a face of Spider-Man and half Peter. After Ditko they all seem to draw those lines coming from his head to warn of danger.

if Mary Jane suggests that they rent a Movie, would his Spidey Sense kick in and warn him that she's going to suggest "Steel Magnolias"?

Or warn them not to rent LOST IN TRANSLATION.

I always like how Ditko shown Peter with half a face of Spider-Man and half Peter. After Ditko they all seem to draw those lines coming from his head to warn of danger.

Well, there was a mixture of usage over the years. I've seen the half-face thing as well as the wavy lines. I'm with you though, I always liked the half and half picture. Just seemed more dramatic. headbang.gif