• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay deadbeat

14 posts in this topic

For any sellers needing to avoid a headache please add Jason Brod (Jackhammerinc) to your bidder list.

Seems that Jason went on a TOS #39 buying spree and bought my 6.5 as well as ebay id tdneely's 7.5 and didn't pay for them.

I actually spoke to Jason on the phone and thought he was sincere. Guess I just should have used my New Yorker deadbeat sense and cancelled the transaction.

For any sellers needing to avoid a headache please add Jason Brod (Jackhammerinc) to your bidder list.

Seems that Jason went on a TOS #39 buying spree and bought my 6.5 as well as ebay id tdneely's 7.5 and didn't pay for them.

I actually spoke to Jason on the phone and thought he was sincere. Guess I just should have used my New Yorker deadbeat sense and cancelled the transaction.

So what did the guy do exactly, just talk away, and then action upon receipt of invoice a nice big void of inaction?

Hit the buy it now. I emailed him and was concerned about him being a 0 bidder. Sent me a phone number, we chatted and he told me he was mailing a check. I'm on Ebay yesterday and see a relisted TOS #39 7.5 with a comment about a deadbeat buyer. Opened the item and see my buyer's name with some very nice comments about him not paying.

Called up Jason and of course no answer on the phone. Emails not returned.

Here's my latest horror story:

I had a guy from Spain win 2 group lots of about 60 comics. So I email him and tell him I have to go buy a box to fit the comics, have the package weighed at the post office, and then quote actual shipping. All the comics were bagged and boarded. So he gets the quote (surface/cheapest shipping) and doesn't like the total. I then take all the boards out of the comics, put cardboard on both sides for protection and re-wrap the package inbrown mailing paper. It saved him a couple pounds of weight. He still doesn't like the total. So I deduct several dollars and offer to pay into his shipping. Long story short... he claims Paypal has a problem with his account (doubtful!). Now he is a NARU so I am stuck. Over a month of spotty/poor communication from a barely english speaking person. If he ever re-registers, add this guy to your list of deadbeats to save you the arse-aches he's given me!

ebay ID: alfonsoteijeiro8lup