• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page Quality vs. Book Structure which would you choose?

56 posts in this topic

Lets say you have a nice book both are the same grade. Lets use a 9.4

book 1 has better centering but it has off white to white pages.

book 2 is more of a miswrap (evenly miswrapped) but has white pages.

which would you choose?

the book with better centering and OW/W pgs or

the book that is not better structurally and has white pages>

Thanks

Should I post scans?

Well, considering you are only going with OWW vs W, I'd go with the OWW centered copy.

Though, option C would be my real choice. Wait until a well centered white page copy becomes available. =)

If the well centered book had C-OW, I'd go with the white pager.

Well, considering you are only going with OWW vs W, I'd go with the OWW centered copy.

Though, option C would be my real choice. Wait until a well centered white page copy becomes available. =)

If the well centered book had C-OW, I'd go with the white pager.

If the book had C-OW and the other a fugly mis-wrap, I saw Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? both of them and wait. I passed up a very desirable book, the Northland Hulk 104 9.4 due to it having c-ow pages.

OW/WP's is nothing to worry about and I'd take a better looking book in the same grade any day of the week. Miswraps are disappointing and I'm willing to bet that if you had the two books slabbed and put side by side the one with the better centering would be snatched up well before the off centered one would. If it was a case of miswrap vs cream pages, that would make me think but I never flinch when they are OW/WP's. Just my two cents.

To me it would depend on the book.If you feel like posting scans,I,for one,would like to see the two issues.Another question is what does the cover stock look like?Bone white cover stock is more important to me than the actual page quality(as long as it's not TOO bad).I would probably rather have a white,perfectly centered 9.0 than a miswrapped CR/OW 9.4.A lot of it depends on the book.If it was scarce and one of my favorites,I might keep both books.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

In that particular scenario I would pick the centered one.

But:

9.4 off-white to white

9.2-9.0 white

I would pick the lesser grade white one if the eye appeal is good and the flaws are not important (and save money). thumbsup2.gif