• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page Quality vs. Book Structure which would you choose?

56 posts in this topic

Lets say you have a nice book both are the same grade. Lets use a 9.4

book 1 has better centering but it has off white to white pages.

book 2 is more of a miswrap (evenly miswrapped) but has white pages.

which would you choose?

the book with better centering and OW/W pgs or

the book that is not better structurally and has white pages>

Thanks

Should I post scans?

Centering is not structure . . . structure refers to how the book is assembled and held together, and whether there are any "structural" defects, such as spine roll, tears, loose centerfolds, loose staples, bent pages, etc., I suggest you rephrase the question. grin.gif

Usually I'll take the better centering and OW/W. Like others, unless the pages are Cream or C-OW, I don't mind. But, the age of the book depends as well.

Bronze on up shouldn't be cream.

Silver can be cream, but not that often.

Golden Age books? They seem to be a little more often miswrapped, so I might take the White pages in that case.

The top copy seems to have a corner crease lower right that looks a bit inconsistant with a 9.6 grade.I might go with the ow/w copy,although it has a slight bindery tear.That's not an easy call.I'd have to go with book # 2 if the price was similar.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

The top copy seems to have a corner crease lower right that looks a bit inconsistant with a 9.6 grade.I might go with the ow/w copy,although it has a slight bindery tear.That's not an easy call.I'd have to go with book # 2 if the price was similar.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Well, if a friend of Jesus says #2 then dang, make mine #2 grin.gif

Well let me know if you decide to sell one.

Ohhhh I have a long list to entertain you with now. How deep are your pockets?

Deep enough but for some reason its always hard to pull the money out.

I used to say this to my clients when i was a stock broker. Just lean to the left a little so you could reach down just a little more.

There are no corner creases on the books. I own both books. I am trying to decide on which one to keep. It is really tough. I may have to keep them both.

In that case I would sell them both and look for a perfectly centred 9.4. thumbsup2.gif

I used to say this to my clients when i was a stock broker. Just lean to the left a little so you could reach down just a little more.

sign-funnypost.gif

Just shoot me a pm whenever you want to talk.

In grades fine or above I prefer productuion quality over page quality. Comics in these grades generaly (not always) have fairly decent PQ anyway.

In lower grades nice page quality helps the overall appeal for me.

I have always been picky about production quality. One of my favorite SA comics is Daredevil #7 and that is one tough book to find that isn't cut more narrow at the top than the bottom. For my personal collection I'll take 9.0 and 9.2 with perfect centering and cut over some miswrapped trapazoid looking 9.4 any day.

And buy it for a lot less.