• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how do you feel about shill bidding?

44 posts in this topic

I shilled 1 time for a friend because he asked me to bring the price of his watch up a little.............this was years ago and I did it only once......but the funny thing is watching obvious shillers win an auction, that has happened to me about 4 or 5 times.......shilling is not a good thing,but if you don't set a reserve,and no one is bidding,I don't see a problem with bringing the price up a little,nothing crazy,just bid 1/2 price to get the ball rolling..........like I said,it's not something I do,but I won't lie and say I never did it..... just once..... shy.gif

I can understand how a person who bought a book for 400 and it sells at 200 can feel. I dont do shillbid. Just one time in the last 5 years on one specific auction. I still own the book and probably will forever.

I only hate shill bidding when the people who are doing it are doing it on auctions I am interested in.

it seems to happen quite alot.

I know who buys Batmans and who has the Batmans. I know who the real buyers are on Ebay. So i recognize the shills immediately. Especailly since I have been buying and selling Batmans for 7 years on Ebay.

Of course you always recognize the shills when it is something you want to buy.

I dont mind overpaying here and there on an auction but it bothers me when I see these bidders and I know they are shills.

You have an example?

Why dont they just list it with the price they want to sell it for?

Wont let it go for less than 400 bucks? Put 400 bucks as your price.

Listing it with a price less than what you really want runs the risk of losing on the item.

The whole concept of shilling is ridiculous.

Artboy99

care to out the shillers?

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

so, i guess the answer is no

893scratchchin-thumb.gifjuggle.gif

No need for shilling. If you have a set price in mind and will not accept anything lower, stick it with a consignment site, or if you have an Ebay store put it there.

Just dont stick it up someones azz.

care to out the shillers?

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

so, i guess the answer is no

893scratchchin-thumb.gifjuggle.gif

No need for shilling. If you have a set price in mind and will not accept anything lower, stick it with a consignment site, or if you have an Ebay store put it there.

Just dont stick it up someones azz .

893whatthe.gif

Greek guys! Always thinking about the same thing!

Just dont stick it up someones azz.

that's rocketeer's MO and all it seems to get him is sweet DC's confused-smiley-013.gif

...does me sitting down all day constitute pressing?,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif