• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is original art split between the creators?

10 posts in this topic

I emailed andy smith (penciler on red sonja/claw) about where to get pages from this mini series. He said he doesn't sell his art. I respect that but does he keep it all or does some goto the inker/writer/colorist? I wouldn't mind owning a page from this series.

Although, I respect the artist's desire to keep their art, it certainly can be frustrating. Almost all of the Kelley Jones pages I own were originally from his inkers, as he doesn't sell his art. I did purchase one page that Kelley had given to a friend of his.

Generally, pages are split between penciller and inker. The exact split varies, but most often it's either 50/50 or the penciller will get two thirds.

[embarrassing lack of self control] no inker listed, he must have done both so no pages frown.gif

Is that Red Sonja series one of the current Dynamite entertainment comics? There is an art seller on ebay moving a lot of original sonja interior art from the current books. I think he reps one of the guys.

Is that Red Sonja series one of the current Dynamite entertainment comics? There is an art seller on ebay moving a lot of original sonja interior art from the current books. I think he reps one of the guys.

It's the claw/red sonja miniseries by andy smith.

You could ask. I believe his id is "original art source" or something to that affect.

Almost all of the Kelley Jones pages I own were originally from his inkers, as he doesn't sell his art

Something I've been wondering....glad my unasked quesion went answered...gotta love these boards ! yay.gif

If you wanna know something, just ask me :P

Almost all of the Kelley Jones pages I own were originally from his inkers, as he doesn't sell his art

Something I've been wondering....glad my unasked quesion went answered...gotta love these boards ! yay.gif

If you wanna know something, just ask me :P

I'd like to know the print run of the 2002/2003 Dwyane Wade Finest XRC #182 non-refractor rookie cards?