• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix Reloaded (no spoilers)

68 posts in this topic

Bourne Identity was the best film Matt Damon ever acted in. He was so mediocre in all his previous efforts. Perhaps he was a better screen writer than actor? stooges.gif

The bourne identity had awesome action, but that's about it tongue.gif

I saw the Matrix Reloaded last night - wow. 893applaud-thumb.gif Surprisingly, the theatre was not sold out for the sneak preview (they had 4 screens though, and it was past 10:00 pm).

There were quite a few action scenes that will make your jaw drop - in particular the highway/chase sequence. If you liked the first one, this one won't let you down. One note I should make is that there is a short trailer for Matrix Revolutions at the end of the credits - which are extremely long - but worth it for a sneak peak at the last installment. See it this weekend!

That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. All action NO substance. Waste of money.

With sequels this year I prefer the first X-men then the second and the first Matrix over the second.One reason why the X2 was kind of a let down was some of the fight scene were laughable ie: the fight between Wolvie and Yuriko Oyama it look like a ginsu knife fight into pin cushions..... 27_laughing.gifflamed.gif

None wants to talk about Ernest goes to Camp?

Frankly, I thought that was the finest "Ernest" of them all. "Ernest Goes To Jail," however, was certainly great in its own right and if it weren't for the damned politicking at those accursed Academy Awards, the film would have been appreciated for the fine piece of cinema that it was. "Ernest Goes To Hell," the "lost Ernest," as it has become known, was another brilliant effort from an always-wonderful director (Brian DePalma) and uberproducer Jerry Bruckheimer. It was a little more special-effects heavy than most of the previous Ernest films, but this was necessary to fully capture the horror of both the plane wreck that kills Ernest (it crash lands on him, 'natch) and the steamy, firey pits of hell with all the moaning and the crying and the screams of the damned (kinda like Greggy's bedroom on any given weekend night). It has been said that this was the least child-friendly of all the Ernest films, but in my opinion, the only way these children are going to learn not to go to hell is to see what happens when they DO go to hell... and having Ernest sitting there with hot pokers sticking out of his freshly-hollowed ocular cavities while he is being hollowed out with an ice cream scooper so that lesser demons can wear him as festive club attire is one of the more ingenious and effective ideas I have seen. Do you have any BETTER suggestions than employing mortal terror to keep kids in line? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

• Administrator
The Bourne Identity you liked???

As you already know from reading this thread, those picks were done tongue-in-cheek. See my real list for my DVDs at the top of the stack (not necessarily my Top 10) as the ones I pop in most often.

Here's a replay:

On a more serious note, here's a list of some of my favorite DVDs on the shelf:

Memento

The Professional

Aliens

Braveheart

Pitch Black

The Crow

Frailty

Unforgiven

Predator

Spider-man

Highlander

Gladiator

Fifth Element

The Matrix

If you don't like those, then fine, but that's a pretty good view on what type of movie I really enjoy.

Guh! I walked out on the Fifth Element.