• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America collectors are crazy.

74 posts in this topic

Good luck. You may have some competition. ;)

no worries, bring it on :baiting:

however, I don't "have" to have these issues, so I won't "bidding at all cost to win" lol

From what I've seen, Rick doesn't consider other collectors "competition" on books he wants. He considers them "underbidders". ;)

or Overpayers :tonofbricks:

however, I don't "have" to have these issues, so I won't "bidding at all cost to win" lol

From what I've seen, Rick doesn't consider other collectors "competition" on books he wants. He considers them "underbidders". ;)

or Overpayers :tonofbricks:

:sorry: that can happen if I don't "bid at all cost to win"

(worship)

(worship)

:acclaim:

(worship)

:acclaim:

^^

you simply don't see much of this stuff.

what were timely print-runs compared to DC and Fawcett? 20%? 30%?

I agree,alot of these books are buried in collections and won't be up for sale anytime soon.I was also looking at that Cap #54,but got spooked from the 0 feedback,and went to CL instead.I put a bid of $350(guide) on this Cap #50,(it was listed at $450).He came back with a $415 counter offer and I took it.Did I pay too much?Probably,but in the grand scheme of things,that $65 dollars extra I spent will mean nothing when I pull this book out in 10 years.I am willing to shell out the extra cash on a good looking Timely,simply because I don't want to have to wait 5 years for another copy to surface.... confused-smiley-013.gifcap50.jpg

I'm a bit confused. How can you own this book when its sitting in my case?

I bought that book in the last CL focused auction. That's the scan from CL. I know because I used it on page 446 of the "show me your timely's thread"

(shrug)

I agree,alot of these books are buried in collections and won't be up for sale anytime soon.I was also looking at that Cap #54,but got spooked from the 0 feedback,and went to CL instead.I put a bid of $350(guide) on this Cap #50,(it was listed at $450).He came back with a $415 counter offer and I took it.Did I pay too much?Probably,but in the grand scheme of things,that $65 dollars extra I spent will mean nothing when I pull this book out in 10 years.I am willing to shell out the extra cash on a good looking Timely,simply because I don't want to have to wait 5 years for another copy to surface.... confused-smiley-013.gifcap50.jpg

I bought that book in the last CL focused auction. That's the scan from CL. I know because I used it on page 446 of the "show me your timely's thread"

(shrug)

Time flies when you're having fun with the book. lol

(shrug)

3/20/06? doh!

I guess he didn't hang onto it for 10 years.

I agree,alot of these books are buried in collections and won't be up for sale anytime soon.I was also looking at that Cap #54,but got spooked from the 0 feedback,and went to CL instead.I put a bid of $350(guide) on this Cap #50,(it was listed at $450).He came back with a $415 counter offer and I took it.Did I pay too much?Probably,but in the grand scheme of things,that $65 dollars extra I spent will mean nothing when I pull this book out in 10 years.I am willing to shell out the extra cash on a good looking Timely,simply because I don't .....-society.com/images//graemlins/confused-smiley-013.gif" alt="" />cap50.jpg

(shrug)

3/20/06? doh!

I guess he didn't hang onto it for 10 years.

I sold that Cap along with 5 other Timely's at the last CL auction.I need to raise some dough for the co-op i'm buying.Enjoy the book,I know I did... (thumbs u