• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Tools/Tips?

9 posts in this topic

I am going to be puting a lot of stuff up on ebay. I already did some coins and silver and just 16 auctions was a pain. While I will be posting things here to seel, my assumption will be that most won't and that ebay will be where they end up.

So figuring around 400 auctions over a couple of months, or even a month if i get geared up properly, what kind of auction tools would help to streamline the whole process? Especially things like keeping track of communication with the seller, alternaitives to schlepping to the post office and waiting in line with a stack of boxes, etc.

I am interested in eharing from the heavy ebay sellers here with their practical experience more than a "I hear ebayvidia is cool."

(Any bets on how quickly it takes for a wag to post "I hear ebayvidia is cool.") 893naughty-thumb.gif

Pov

I am going to be puting a lot of stuff up on ebay. I already did some coins and silver and just 16 auctions was a pain. While I will be posting things here to seel, my assumption will be that most won't and that ebay will be where they end up.

So figuring around 400 auctions over a couple of months, or even a month if i get geared up properly, what kind of auction tools would help to streamline the whole process? Especially things like keeping track of communication with the seller, alternaitives to schlepping to the post office and waiting in line with a stack of boxes, etc.

I am interested in eharing from the heavy ebay sellers here with their practical experience more than a "I hear ebayvidia is cool."

(Any bets on how quickly it takes for a wag to post "I hear ebayvidia is cool.") 893naughty-thumb.gif

Pov

When I do multiple auctions i use turbo lister. It allows you to have a generic greeting, auction specifics, and so forth. You then can copy the auction and simply change the title and auction description with the price and picture.

Also, it allows you to work on getting you auctions ready at your own pace. Once you put all of the auctions in that you want to at that time, you can either uplaod (get ready to run the auctions) or wait and add more items later.

Good luck Pov. flowerred.gif

When I do list I "prep" by writing up my auctions and saving them in a file. This way I can do them when I have time and stop when I need to. Once they are all ready it only takes a few minutes to run through the process of listing them, especially if they are like items. I don't run alot of auctions, but when I do I like to list like items to hopefully get people buying more than one auction.

As for shipping, Check USPS.com and see if a Post Office near you has an automated scale. The one near me does so I can ship anytime/anyday. I am out of the post office before 2 mouth breathers in the other line have figure out how to lick a stamp. makepoint.gif Having the automated scale is the best thing the post office has ever come up with.

If anyone has ideas for adding a music clip I would like some advice on that. I would like it to play when they open the auction. ( I will be sellling a banjo, and I want them to hear it played)

That may not be advisable. You may just want to link to the sound file and let people click if they want. If i hit an auction that automatically plays a sound I immediately close it and go to something else. It can also generrate a rude surprise when someone opens your auction at night when others are sleeping.

You're clicking "Sell Similar" after every item, right? That way, you just change the essentials for the auction, and aren't starting from scratch each time. I can list a different auction in about 1-2 minutes using Sell Similar (assuming you've taken and uploaded your scans already).

You're clicking "Sell Similar" after every item, right? That way, you just change the essentials for the auction, and aren't starting from scratch each time. I can list a different auction in about 1-2 minutes using Sell Similar (assuming you've taken and uploaded your scans already).

This is what I do also. Now, I generally run up to about 25 items max consistently, but you may want to check out turbo lister for heavier volumes. I haven't ever used it, but I hear it's effecient.

Yes, I am using Sell Similar. The posting of the auctions is not a big deal. It is all the followup work. Communication, keeping track of who is where in the tgransaction, etc. Anything to streamline that would be helpful.

As for shipping. I have a scale and weigh everything at home. There's a link in "My eBay" to ship the item and that takes you to paypal where you can purchase the postage online and you get free delivery confirmation. The shipping address is transferred from the winner's ebay account and they also get an automatic email letting them know that their item has shipped. Just fill in the weight and print out a mailing label with postage all in one. They sell the labels at office supply stores. They come 2 per 8.5" x 11" sheet. Then when you go to the post office look for or ask where the bulk mail entrance is. Since everything you have is ready to go you don't need to deal with the public side. I just walk in to the bulk mail side with my box of boxes and leave them on the table. If you have a crazy amount then they'll put out a cart of some kind at the dock and you just load it up there.