• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Matrix: Reloaded (Spoilers) Thread

39 posts in this topic

Wow. I looked forward so much to this movie. The only really impressive sequence was the multiple Smith fight. They TOTALLY gave it away when he stops the squids in the REAL world. Carrie Anne Moss looked better in Memento. Another reviewer mentioned the Road Warrior, 20 years old and it was twice as exciting watching the chase for the 10th time last month. What a let down. Matinee price in November Warners, I won't be this disappointed again? 893whatthe.gif

That's extremely disappointing, as you and I seem to have the same loathing of DD that is not shared throughout the forum. I pray it's not as bad as that load of garbage.

Matrix Reloaded is a horrible movie... groin-grabbingly horrible and I will never, ever subject myself to it again. I hate to say this, being a BIG fan of the original, but the movie is scary bad.

It has without a doubt, the most boring, insipid and sleep-inducing first-40 minutes in cinema, and the intro to Out of Africa had far more action and suspense.

I nabbed a few DVDs tonight, and was gabbing about the movie down at the local Blockbuster. Word of mouth is absolutely horrendous and all of the clerks were just bursting with thoughts on how terrible the movie was, and some other customers joined in a big Matrix Reloaded bash session.

Comparisons were made to Highlander 2 (shudder), not one person there thought it was anything but putrid, and heck, even Dulldevil didn't engender this type of animosity.

Most popular comments: "Nothing happened" and "What were they thinking?"

I loved The original Matrix and I love hype.

Blind me with promos to ignore. Blitz me with products and merchandise that I won't buy. Ignoring it just fuels my anticipation of seeing the film. I was in Matrix blackout so my opinion wouldn;t be tainted.

Was it 100% awesome? no... I have similar "complaints" ... Zion rave...the French guy....no need to fight the guy that brought him to the oracle... but I thought the story was great. They were able to take a Sci-fi flick that had ended (in a manner that sci-fi should end) and make it even more mind-boggling.

I can't wait to see how they wrap it up.

I guess the credits are painfully long.

-Jeremy-

The credits are painfully long. Especially when you have to pee.

I'm glad to see others were as disenchanted with the movie as I was. The first Matrix was much superior.

...the French guy...

Ok...here's something interesting... (maybe)

The French guy's name is Merovingian.

Here's a website I found with the word "Merovingian" in it..

http://adam23.freeyellow.com/

Here are some highlights of the document (from 1787):

God, the Great Architect of the Universe,

the God of Order, creator of Divine Mathematics

Yse, a Goddess, wife of the Architect,

the Goddess of Chaos, created by

the Architect to be Goddess of emotion

Life was soon to become stagnant as the Gods and Goddesses

(the children of the First God and Goddess), became

discontent with their perfection.

But He knew it was for the best that he create the

Terrestrial Realm where all could be recreated imperfect,

mortal and finite.

Only when one has been given the Keys to the Quest,

can one begin the journey of the Royal Quest

Could you fill me in on the story progression and plot points? I'm still looking, as are many of my friends and co-workers.

Well, Neo kicks some Mr. Smith [!@#%^&^], then there are a lot of cars' crashing and stuff exploding, then Neo kicks some more [!@#%^&^] with medieval weopons... Oh you said PLOT points and STORy progression. OOOPS sorry, my bad. Didn't see any of those. But I especially enjoyed all that GIBBERISH being spewed by the architect character.

I'd watch out, as Fanboy Dan is on the warpath.

Play the video games, watch the shorts, it's not supposed to be interesting or action-filled, you suck, waa waa waa... 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

I'd watch out, as Fanboy Dan is on the warpath.

Play the video games, watch the shorts, it's not supposed to be interesting or action-filled, you suck, waa waa waa... 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

oh BITE ME. You're worse than Bug... grin.gif

Oh and by the way....I guess there was a trailor for Revolutions at the end of the credits. Tomorrow night I will stick around for it. I guess the credits are painfully long. 99% of the theatre I was in missed it, including myself.

-Jeremy-

Yes, the credits are very painfully long and the trailer was very short. Not worth the wait. I would just catch it on the internet later on IMO. 893frustrated.gif

Time to head back for another round of X2 and cross your fingers for Hulk.

893offtopic1.gifI've got a bad feeling about the Hulk movie. I thought the trailer looked silly and you hit it right on the mark when you stated in an earlier thread(I'm not sure exactly how you put it) something like the Hulk looked like a Shrek on steriods.

As for the Matrix-Reloaded, I liked the special effects fight scenes and the car chase, but WTF is going on with this movie??? 893whatthe.gif

I have just seen Matrix:Reloaded and have to agree with most of the comments here. A HUGE backwards step after the ground-breaking original.

It seemed to me that they just threw more money at the fight scenes and forgot that they were actually making a MOVIE. Just trying to impress/progress the special effects. There were too many bad moments to trawl through here but I found the 'speech' by Morpheus to the people of Zion to be particularly cringe-worthy.

A sorry mess of a film, and unfortunately, has tainted my view of the excellent original. frown.gif

I would address this to all if it was possible.

TMR is getting crushed by Bruce Almighty. The second weekend drop looks to be in the 58-60%+ range (I am including the potential Memorial Day grosses into this drop). Word of mouth is not great on this film...and I have noticed on various fora that I lurk/post on that no one is really talking about TMR anymore (whether they thought it was okay, great, or really bad).

X2 had people still chatting away on the film at the fora I visit well past the first week. TMR may not make the 300 million gross everyone thought it was a lock to achieve (and S-M STILL made to 200 million faster than TMR, which is incredible given how much money TMR made in it's first 4 days).

I knew that when I walked out of the theater that word of mouth was not going to be great, and while I did not know if bad word of mouth would really effect the number of people interested in seeing the film, it must have had SOME impact given that TMR had a chance to pull a S-M, and have a phenomenal 2nd weekend gross (and the holiday should have only helped TMR kick butt this weekend). If you do not remember S-M's 2nd week gross, I believe it was more than 50 percent of what the film grossed on it's first weekend. I guess everyone blew their jonesing to see TMR several times the first week.

Honestly, how many people on this forum thought TMR would have a 2nd week gross that saw a drop of only 50-55 percent at best ( I will be generous and say 57 percent, which the original X film dropped in it's second weekend, but to be fair, the original X film grossed less than 55 million on it's first weekend...nowhere near 90+ million).

The bottom line is that TMR is unexpectedly getting pounded by Jim Carrey, and with Pixar's Finding Nemo coming out next week...I think TMR's grosses are rapidly going to drop from here on out (if the film hits 300 million I will be surprised).

The above was one big personal opinion/ rantpost.gif.

Have A Happy Memorial Day!

Christopher H.

That's no surprise, given that the weekend grosses were based on fans of The Matrix movie, and not Reloaded. I went in (like ev everyone else) looking for a killer sequel, a la ESB, and came out severely disappointed.

I'm far from alone in my dislike of MR, and let's just say I couldn't repeat some of the "word of mouth" I've heard, for fear of Arch banning me. 893censored-thumb.gif

Now that the "built-in Matrix money" has been spent, it's up to those that liked MR to take the ball. I sure won't be giving them any more of my hard-earned moola, that's for sure.