• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO ARE SOME OF THE WORST DEALERS

279 posts in this topic

On the topic of Chuck, in CBG #1541 (out today) he writes: "I’ve known Bob Overstreet personally for more than 25 years and have been utilizing his price guide for 33 years."

893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

What does he use it for? A bong stand?

He takes all the prices and quadruples them.

"A few years ago therte was a dealer on Long Island that was busted for something to do with his restortion work. I was living elsewhere and someone clipped a short newspaper article to me.Anyone able to flesh out this story.? He has to qualify for this thread."

It might have been Golden Memories in Suffolk county. I thought I heard something about them getting into resto work a few years ago...

On March 23 I made a Paypal payment for ASM 139,140, 164, 165, 166 and 167. About 2 weeks ago I receive a "payment reminder" for the ASM 139 and 140. I forward the Seller my "receipt of payment" Email from Paypal. About 5 days later I receive a "payment reminder" for ASM 164-167. I Email the seller asking them to contact me ASAP. When they responded, I asked them why they were sending me payment reminders for comics that I already paid for. They told me that they didn't send any "reminders", and then went on to inform me that they still had the books. They somewhat apoligized for the delay, and told me that "they will go out tomorrow". And today.....finally.......they arrived. They came "packed" in a Photo Mailer( 6 bagged and boarded comics stuffed into a flimsy cardboard envelope). All four corners of the envelope were "blunted", and I began to fear the worst. I open the "package", and pull out the books. Whew, no worse for wear. I then start to look over the books, and realize that they were definately not NM and NM/MINT as the seller described. I would say the best book is VF/NM(was described as NM/MINT). I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Three of the bags have price tags with GRADES on them.....VF, VF+ and VF+. 893whatthe.gif All of these books were said to be in NM or better condition. Let me summarize: SLOW SHIPPING, POOR PACKAGING, OVER-GRADING AND A SLAP TO THE FACE( the least they could have done was REMOVE the sticker 893naughty-thumb.gif)

1,000,000 comics is Gerry Ross. I bought a Detective 45, I think back in 1996. I was the wrong book on the inside. He told me he would give me a refund, or other books for my trouble. That was after 2 months of calling and being told he was not in.

I never recieved a thing from him, not one other book or a refund. He stinks. I will never buy from him again for that waste of time.

Chuck is so big he doesn't really care what people think. If you decide to never buy from him again, it's OK, some other newbie is taking your spot.

I bought from him 3 times. I was not pleased at all.

Jeez..I must've gotten EXTREMELY lucky. The one book (I posted the story above) that I bought from him was an unrestored beauty. tongue.gif

Must've been the exception..as obviously he seems like a real piece of work..

Brian

P.S. Sorry for outbidding you, Nochips.

Well, Beyonder, call him out! What's the seller's ID? That's sounds like someone we all would like to avoid.

Chris

I'm not really pissed off enough to "call him out" just yet. I'm going to Email the seller and tell them what I just told you. At this point I might as well keep the comics....considering they only cost me $27.00. When the seller Emails me back......I'll post their reply 893blahblah.gif

1,000,000 comics is Gerry Ross. I bought a Detective 45, I think back in 1996. I was the wrong book on the inside. He told me he would give me a refund, or other books for my trouble. That was after 2 months of calling and being told he was not in.

I never recieved a thing from him, not one other book or a refund. He stinks. I will never buy from him again for that waste of time.

same thing happened to me, i returned a book to him, he said he never got it, damn crook! 893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif not to mention he can't grade to save his life! avoid him at all costs on eBay. rantpost.gif893applaud-thumb.gifboo.gif

See attachment - WORST packing EVER. I just got this today. There were four comics stuffed inside this, NONE of them bagged or boarded (there was one backer board on top and beneath the entire stack of four comics). All four corners of every comic were bashed in, and every comic was bent badly. Fine- at best for four boomks described as NM/M. Funny thing is that before buying I read the feedback, and the seller was lauded for "super packing!"

Here is my email:

I got the books today. Unfortunately, they were packaged in a manner that

exposed them to damage, and all four corners on every book are bashed, and

the books are bent. They are in Fn condition now, rather than NM/M.

I accept the lower expense of media mail but I feel that even without extra

insurance, the amount of $4.25 (for shipping which cost $1.48) should buy a

little better protection (the books were not individually bagged, and simply

had a backer board on each side of the stack of four, fit into a very snug

VERY used construction paper interoffice mail envelope with "do not bend"

written on it). For LESS than the same postage fee, full-blown Priority Mail

could have been purchased at $3.85 and that would include the free rigid

cardboard box that the USPS provides, for example. At the very least, it is

customary for comics sellers to ship books in containers that are not

paper-snug to each edge with no additional barriers against damage (thin

backing boards are used for storage, not mailing protection).

I can tell from your positive feedback that you are a concientous seller who

is otherwise attentive to selling good products packed well, so I assume in

your favor that this was an exceptional situation, and that most buyers

would not rceeive books in a used paper envelope with no durable packing at

1/3 the postage cost they paid. So I want to suggest that we make a fair

exchange so this can be quickly fixed. I propose that I will send the books

back to you and have them replaced by actual NM copies, as advertised in

your auction, and that these be shipped in a manner that compliments the

shipping cost I paid; completion of this exchange would of course warrant

positive feedback for you. Certainly you would agree this more than fair

correct?

envelope.jpg

See attachment - WORST packing EVER. I just got this today.

Sheesh......you just can't please some people. I mean.......the guy went to all that trouble to tape over the circular holes in that envelope before mailing it to you.....and you're still not happy. 893whatthe.gif

LMAO.......he might as well of just made an evelope out of tape to begin with. boo.gif

The seller just emailed me back. He claims that the problem is my fault for not buying insurance. (I dispute that: I claim that even without insurance, it is REASONABLE to expect one's comics to be packaged better than that. Insurance woudl provide reimbursement, but would not solve the problem of why the books were damaged in the first place).

He also justifies his packing by stating he sends ALL his books this way, and that the amount I paid for S&H (which was 3x the actual cost of the postage) was for shipping "...AND handling," so the cost of the four stamps is irrelevant. (I want to know what he thinks "handling" is, and what I'm paying for).

You know what else makes me mad? I bid on this guy after reading his feedback from buyers who PRAISED his packing! I'm as angry at them! I kinda want to email them and ask, "what were you THINKING? Don't you know we buyer read your feedback? When you get books packed like this and call it "great packing!", that misleads those of us who actually WANT good packing!"