• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detroit Trolley Collection Is Definitely Worth Checking Out

50 posts in this topic

Marnin Rosenberg is offering a fantastic new OO GA collection that has not received the attention it deserves. It has been discussed every once and a while on the boards but because these are raw books and Marnin is not one for these boards, for the most part the collection seems to have slipped through the cracks. No doubt the fact that Marnin is very slowly releasing the books onto the market rather than dumping the entire collection on us at once has contributed to this fact, but it also makes the collection more mysterious.

"Myterious" is not necessarily a good thing in terms of generating collector interest. I think a better plan (if he wanted to highlight how special the collection is) would have been to release an overall inventory list of title, issue number, and grade all at once so that people could get an overall sense of whether this collection was really something special. He wouldn't have had to offer them for sale all at once -- just release the list at the beginning to show what a great collection it is. He would have built anticipation for future offerings that way. If he's just doling out a few books at a time while keeping the rest of the inventory a secret (I don't know if he did it this way or not; it just sounds that way), I don't think it makes the individual portions of the collection that he is doling out any more interesting or noteworthy than any other small run of nice books that comes up for sale every now and then.

I believe Marnin was bound by the familys wishes.

What is amazing about these books is their higher grade eye appeal at lower grade prices...and nice page quality to boot. I own several Detroit Trolley books and they are wonderful!

It has been discussed every once and a while

I wanna Rock and Roll all night...

...and part of every day.

Very cool Roy! The page quality is great overall on this pedigree. I actually thought my Action #28 would come back with a white page designation. I can't believe the bid with a sale pending on the Action #32! All I can say is wow!

Marnin Rosenberg is offering a fantastic new OO GA collection that has not received the attention it deserves. It has been discussed every once and a while on the boards but because these are raw books and Marnin is not one for these boards, for the most part the collection seems to have slipped through the cracks. No doubt the fact that Marnin is very slowly releasing the books onto the market rather than dumping the entire collection on us at once has contributed to this fact, but it also makes the collection more mysterious.

"Myterious" is not necessarily a good thing in terms of generating collector interest. I think a better plan (if he wanted to highlight how special the collection is) would have been to release an overall inventory list of title, issue number, and grade all at once so that people could get an overall sense of whether this collection was really something special. He wouldn't have had to offer them for sale all at once -- just release the list at the beginning to show what a great collection it is. He would have built anticipation for future offerings that way. If he's just doling out a few books at a time while keeping the rest of the inventory a secret (I don't know if he did it this way or not; it just sounds that way), I don't think it makes the individual portions of the collection that he is doling out any more interesting or noteworthy than any other small run of nice books that comes up for sale every now and then.

(shrug)I AGREE....I am not impressed with what I have seen so far regarding Marnins collection of Trolleys...just another group of books for sale in my opinion (shrug)