• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Red Sonja #1 CGC 9.8

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a CGC 9.8 copy of the 70's Red Sonja #1. White pages are preferable but not a must. According to the census there are a bunch of copies out there so PM me if you've got one and want to sell.

There's only 11...I wouldn't call that a bunch. I have a 9.8 w but am not looking to sell at the moment. Your post kind of scared me as I thought a hoard of them may have showed up since I last checked. I know the number has been the same since atleast 8/13/05 (I usually keep a printed census sheet of all my books in a folder).

There's only 11...I wouldn't call that a bunch. I have a 9.8 w but am not looking to sell at the moment. Your post kind of scared me as I thought a hoard of them may have showed up since I last checked. I know the number has been the same since atleast 8/13/05 (I usually keep a printed census sheet of all my books in a folder).

Sorry to startle you. Maybe it's just me, but I thought 10+ copies in 9.8 for a bronze book qualified as "a bunch". Do you remember where you picked up your copy?

Sorry to startle you. Maybe it's just me, but I thought 10+ copies in 9.8 for a bronze book qualified as "a bunch". Do you remember where you picked up your copy?

It probably used to be considered a bunch, but as the census has grown and more books submitted I think anything remaining under 20 is pretty good. Every census update, I hold my breath to see what all increases in the 9.8 catagory.

I'm having the hardest time remembring where I got mine from right now. If I remember correctly, it was either a Comic Link deal or a private package deal with someone. All my paperwork is back in the states or I'd look it up for you. I just remember it being one of several books I bought in the same transaction a couple of years ago.

(I usually keep a printed census sheet of all my books in a folder).

That's a great idea. I assume you print it out when you get the book but how often do you update it?

I used to update it every census, but I've sort of fallen behind on it. It uses a little more ink and paper now as my collection has grown a bit, so I may begin to do it bi-annually. Of coarse, if there is no change in the census, I just leave it be.

(I usually keep a printed census sheet of all my books in a folder).

That's a great idea. I assume you print it out when you get the book but how often do you update it?

I used to update it every census, but I've sort of fallen behind on it. It uses a little more ink and paper now as my collection has grown a bit, so I may begin to do it bi-annually. Of coarse, if there is no change in the census, I just leave it be.

Thanks for the idea. I think I am going to start doing that.

I also have a second binder full of print outs of issues I want, but my last update for it was last August.

Are the print outs from the census as well or just a list of the issue title and number?

It probably used to be considered a bunch, but as the census has grown and more books submitted I think anything remaining under 20 is pretty good. Every census update, I hold my breath to see what all increases in the 9.8 catagory.

I'm having the hardest time remembring where I got mine from right now. If I remember correctly, it was either a Comic Link deal or a private package deal with someone. All my paperwork is back in the states or I'd look it up for you. I just remember it being one of several books I bought in the same transaction a couple of years ago.

I know what you're talking about with the whole holding the breath thing. I've been watching fairly closely for this book and haven't seen a copy pop in some time. I'm just a bit surprised with 11 copies out there that none have surfaced recently.