• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Point me to Giant Robots

109 posts in this topic

Yours has a Comic Code cover, so maybe this one from the Archie thread qualifies.

OK, not giant, but then again we never did learn why Veronica and Betty were so infatuated with Archie.

z-pep139.JPG

Jack

Further up in time, there's this typical Giant Robot cover from a short run title by ACG - Midnight Mystery # 7 -

Further up in time, there's this typical Giant Robot cover from a short run title by ACG - Midnight Mystery # 7 -

1331735-MidnightMystery7.jpg

i love the very detailed inking Whitney did on the arm and fingers of that robot.

In the "earliest robots on comic-book covers" category, has anyone mentioned Timely's Electro?

First appearance in Marvel Mystery Comics 4 (Feb 1940), first name on cover MMC 5 (Mar 1940, along with a big ol' tank of "Nitro Chloride"), first cover appearance MMC 7 (May 1940).

Apologies if this has already been covered -- it's a long thread.

Jack

Jack 1398289-137_4_07.jpg

I found another Robot cover to ad to the list. Clue Comics #9 (1944).

West

Finally have time to update this with a scan -

1704072-Clue9.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Guy's clothing with a definitely femine face. I've no idea how to put the clues together to solve this one.

I found another Robot cover to ad to the list. Clue Comics #9 (1944).

West

Finally have time to update this with a scan -

1704072-Clue9.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Guy's clothing with a definitely femine face. I've no idea how to put the clues together to solve this one.

Annie Lennox is a robot? confused.gif

She always did seem kind of cold 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

While not a GA book I have always loved JIM #101

Great thread.. now I need to put some more books on my want list.

THANKS

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Given the time frame, it's probably Marlene Dietrich, who looked better in a suit than any woman I can recall.