• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Point me to Giant Robots

109 posts in this topic

Thanks ciorac, but I only own this issue. sorry.gif

Great one to own Skybolt.

Did I see a low grade Out of this World Avon on the boars the other day? Robot cover that I love.

Anyone see that book?

Did I see a low grade Out of this World Avon on the boars the other day? Robot cover that I love.

Anyone see that book?

There was a scan of OoTW in the Cover Contest thread, but it was actually the reprint. That's something to watch for BTW, since I know you're looking for one - make sure it has the month on the URC of the front cover. The second printing doesn't have it. I've noticed that Heritage has sold several 2nd printings in the past without noting it. The first printing is extremely rare and many copies have a horrible brownish transfer stain on the FC.

Anyone see that book?

There was a scan of OoTW in the Cover Contest thread, but it was actually the reprint. That's something to watch for BTW, since I know you're looking for one - make sure it has the month on the URC of the front cover. The second printing doesn't have it. I've noticed that Heritage has sold several 2nd printings in the past without noting it. The first printing is extremely rare and many copies have a horrible brownish transfer stain on the FC.

Thanks for the tip. I remember seeing one somewhere for sale lately, can't remember where though. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had one many years back, should have never sold it,

Since Out of this World was brought up, I thought I'd post scans of the two different versions, so that people can see the differences (Besides, you can't have s robot thread w/o this book). I have seen several 2nd printings sold over the last couple of years as 1st printings, even by respected dealers. I don't really think it's dishonesty, necessarily; just a lack of awareness.

First Printing (June 1950) Month in URC; Auto repair manual ad on BC; often has brownish transfer stain (in fact I don't think I've ever seen a 1st printing w/o the stain):

6281OOTW1st02fc.jpg7617OOTW1st02bc.jpg

Second Printing (August 1950) No month on cover; 3D picture books ad on BC:

105OOTW1st03fc.jpg8213OOTW1st03bc.jpg

Awesome books! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Here's my meager contribution - Lost Valley:

FamousFunnies082LV2sm.jpg

Love that book Theagenes!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

What a superb looking copy! 893applaud-thumb.gif