• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just curious, what would be a good price for this book?

22 posts in this topic

I'm not looking to sell it right now, but what would be a good price for a Bone #1 CGC 8.5? I wanted to find a better copy, but it took me quite a while to find this one. Is this book tough to come by in 9.2/9.4, or am I just not looking in the right places?

I'm not looking to sell it right now, but what would be a good price for a Bone #1 CGC 8.5? I wanted to find a better copy, but it took me quite a while to find this one. Is this book tough to come by in 9.2/9.4, or am I just not looking in the right places?

Im kinda curious myself. Its not an easy book to come by in high grade. Im assuming its a first print?

Yes it is a first print. I mainly collect Silver and Bronze, but I have kept an eye out for a sharp copy of this for more than a year now. I found one nice raw copy about 6 months ago. I sent it to CGC and it came back an 8.5. I knew it wasn't gonna be the 9.2 I wanted, but it was inexpensive to slab being a modern book anyway. I want a better copy, but I'm not sure I'm gonna find one any time soon.

I sold a unslabbed copy of this book in around the same grade last year, here on the CGC forum. It generated quite a bit of interest. I don't have GPA but $150 sounds very realistic for a CGC copy.

Looking to trade for anything? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Looking to trade for anything? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I wondered when you would creep in! 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

I sold a unslabbed copy of this book in around the same grade last year, here on the CGC forum. It generated quite a bit of interest. I don't have GPA but $150 sounds very realistic for a CGC copy.

Yep, I bought Blutobc's copy (which I grade 9.0) with the rest of the 1-10 run and a quicky sketch by Jeff Smith. I think the package cost me about $225, so yeah, $150 for a slabbed 8.5 sounds about right to me.

Yep, I bought Blutobc's copy (which I grade 9.0) with the rest of the 1-10 run and a quicky sketch by Jeff Smith. I think the package cost me about $225, so yeah, $150 for a slabbed 8.5 sounds about right to me.

Good deal! thumbsup2.gif

I would never buy a comic called bone. It's just a little too kinky for a guy with my upstanding reputation.

Seems to be a lot of bone lovers here! hi.gif

yeahok.gif

flowerred.gifwink.gif

I loved the early Bone run (1-21) but was slightly dissapointed by the ending. It seemed like it was building up to something but never quite made it. confused-smiley-013.gif

In that case book has taken a huge drop since the mid-nineties when it was moving at 600 bucks a copy.

Well, we are talking about a VF copy of a modern book. The last CGC 9.6 copy sold for $537 and the last 9.4 went for $405, so it really hasn't dropped all that much.

Was it really ever a $600 book? I could swear it topped out around $250 raw, but I could be wrong.

In that case book has taken a huge drop since the mid-nineties when it was moving at 600 bucks a copy.

Well, we are talking about a VF copy of a modern book. The last CGC 9.6 copy sold for $537 and the last 9.4 went for $405, so it really hasn't dropped all that much.

Was it really ever a $600 book? I could swear it topped out around $250 raw, but I could be wrong.

Strangers in Paradise had a smaller print run. Would a 9.6 even approach those numbers? Theres only 2.