• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rookie of the Year Award!

7 posts in this topic

December 16th 2005 marked Felix's entry into the OA world, with a post looking for some art. Three months later, and here's his gallery:

http://cafurl.com?i=482

I mention this because one minute, we're emailing back and forth about him being new to all this, and the next, he has pieces in his collection I'm emailing him about like "Oh, if you ever decide to let this go..." wink.gif

Just thought this deserved special attention. God knows what his collection will look like 10 years from now!

December 16th 2005 marked Felix's entry into the OA world, with a post looking for some art. Three months later, and here's his gallery:

http://cafurl.com?i=482

I mention this because one minute, we're emailing back and forth about him being new to all this, and the next, he has pieces in his collection I'm emailing him about like "Oh, if you ever decide to let this go..." wink.gif

Just thought this deserved special attention. God knows what his collection will look like 10 years from now!

Felix has certainly been busy! Terrific start to an OA collection, with many examples that others would die for. Congrats! Definitely rookie of the year. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks a lot guys! My first love will always be comics, but this OA hobby has been a ton of fun as well. What makes it so great has been the generosity of guys like Hari, Jonathan, David M., Stephen F., and many others with their time and advice. I've learned a lot and hope I can be as helpful to future "rookies".

I especially want to thank my friend, David Mandel, who has always been there when I had a question.

As always, good luck to everyone with their collecting!

Funny that you post this. Just this morning I was looking at his collection for the first time. Forget "a good way to start", I'd be happy to "finish" with a collection that nice! grin.gif

Wow - good job! I too am a rookie.. but I am still looking to collect my first piece of OA. I hope soon.... but alas I am strictly looking for ASM OA.

Again, excellent collection. I especially like the DD #167 piece! Also, I like your descriptions, it gives the reader an idea on how you feel about your own collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Props to rook of the year. I am 2 months shy of 1 year but that collection is puttin' mine to shame. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Wow, I'm happy that everyone is liking my gallery and flattered to be called ROY (at age 36, I didn't think I'd be a "rookie" again at anything!). Actually, I know of a couple of other newbie collectors who have far greater collections than mine...they just keep them under wraps. So that makes me ROY by default!

I love seeing everyone's galleries on CAF, no matter how big or small. I don't think I've accomplished anything that exciting; I happened to get lucky AND was willing to be fiscally irresponsible enough to get these pieces. Anyone can win something on Ebay if they bid high enough (as I've done on more than one occassion). Nothing special there. I especially appreciate those collections that are built through creativity and guile. That to me would be something to be proud of.

Again, thanks, and I look forward to new additions to everyone's galleries.

Felix