• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is Happening With The Ewert Trimmed Books?

87 posts in this topic

I asked this question in another thread, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

What is happening with the books found to be trimmed? If there has been an official statement, I can't find it. A poster at STL claimed that they are being trashed. Can this be true?!?

It seems sinful to trash a great book just because someone trimmed off a tiny sliver.

My suggestion would be to stamp the back cover "TRIMMED," reslab them and auction the books off for charity.

What say you CGC?

Seems a shame to ruin a nice looking book with an ugly stamp on the back cover. I mean, aren't all books TRIMMED anyway?

I think it's the only way you could keep someone from reselling as unrestored. confused-smiley-013.gif

Seems a shame to ruin a nice looking book with an ugly stamp on the back cover. I mean, aren't all books TRIMMED anyway?

I think it's the only way you could keep someone from reselling as unrestored. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, they are unrestored, aren't they? They just received some post-production trimming is all...

Isn't Brulato refunding at least some of these books? Seems like it would be up to him to do what he wished with them.

True... but whether it's TB or CGC, are the books being shredded as is rumored? The thought of an FF 3 and 10 (among others) being destroyed really sickens me.

My suggestion for a charity auction would apply to TB as easily as it would to CGC. It'd be nice to see some good come out of this mess.

I asked this question in another thread, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

What is happening with the books found to be trimmed? If there has been an official statement, I can't find it. A poster at STL claimed that they are being trashed. Can this be true?!?

My guess:

CGC is being trashed. If the books find themselves with a blue label they certainly won't be called the Ewert collection.

Isn't Brulato refunding at least some of these books? Seems like it would be up to him to do what he wished with them.

I just spoke to Mr. Patel, and they discovered one of my books was trimmed. Mr. Brulato is supposed to be mailing me a check for reimbursment of my purchase price within 30 business days. The $$ is going straight from Mr. Brulato to me - not through CGC. Mr. Patel didn't say what they are doing with the book, but I didn't ask. I'd think they are destroying them. To have an "Ewert Trimmed Collection" out there, even if they mark the books so they can never get a blue-label again, would just draw attention to this issue for years to come, and I'd think CGC would gladly avoid that at all costs. Any "Ewert Trimmed Collection" could just as easily be perceived as the "CGC Screw-Up Collection", and that, dear sirs, ain't good for business...

True... but whether it's TB or CGC, are the books being shredded as is rumored? The thought of an FF 3 and 10 (among others) being destroyed really sickens me.

My suggestion for a charity auction would apply to TB as easily as it would to CGC. It'd be nice to see some good come out of this mess.

Why keep evidence, or at least suggest that your going to keep evidence. If nothing else I hope the lawsuit can peel away at what happened behind close doors with Ewart submissions. How many were made and what specific books (since CGC has not been forthcoming with these) were submitted and when. How many PLOD's were detected, etc.

They will not be destroyed. If true that would be the most stupid thing CGC has ever done.

However cgc might buy them and take out of the circulation. At least that's what they should do in my opinion, if they aren't able to detect those trims.

I would say that now is the time to have those Ewert books checked out. Brulato is paying people back because it may help to lessen the sentence he may receive.

The less money he screwed people out of the better his scenario when he goes in front of the judge. If he shows he has been paying back the money people lost the judge will go easier on him. Most people wouldnt testify against him if they received their money.

I would say that now is the time to have those Ewert books checked out. Brulato is paying people back because it may help to lessen the sentence he may receive.

The less money he screwed people out of the better his scenario when he goes in front of the judge. If he shows he has been paying back the money people lost the judge will go easier on him. Most people wouldnt testify against him if they received their money.

Is Brulato in trouble legally here? I thought it was just Ewert, and Brulato was making things right.

That makes sense, mercy killing a book that's currently only wounded... Christo_pull_hair.gifforeheadslap.gif

It has to be done. And what suffers most....the books themselves. Selfish greed and a few beautiful works of art have to be destroyed. sorry.gif