• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Dell'Otto!

16 posts in this topic

This just arrived in the mail this week from Italy - it's the cover to Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom #1 by Gabriele Dell'Otto. I don't collect much modern stuff anymore, but when I saw this cover listed for sale, I knew I had to have it! It's done in acrylic paint on art board and looks great in person.

1161408-GabrielDell%5C%27OttoRedSonjaThulsaDoomCover.jpg

589a902253c75_1161408-GabrielDellOttoRedSonjaThulsaDoomCover.jpg.afc0b881f4d9d0b83571978ecff7cb75.jpg

Killer cover!! Did you get it from him? I tried to get some stuff from him about 2 1/2-3 years ago before he blew up and it was very hard to get any response from him through his site at the time. By the time I did,the piece I wanted sold a few weeks before I heard back from him. It was a Goblin vs. Spider-man piece with Spider-man hiding behind a corner of a building after getting roughed up by the Goblin and the Goblin is floating nearby,creeping,looking for Spider-man. Just an awesome piece like most of Dell'otto's stuff! Too bad for me...he has exploded and is 2-3 times as expensive now I'd imagine.

ps...what are the dimensions of the Red Sonja piece? thanks! Joey

This just arrived in the mail this week from Italy - it's the cover to Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom #1 by Gabriele Dell'Otto. I don't collect much modern stuff anymore, but when I saw this cover listed for sale, I knew I had to have it! It's done in acrylic paint on art board and looks great in person.

1161408-GabrielDell%5C%27OttoRedSonjaThulsaDoomCover.jpg

Very nice!

Just curious, is he heavy on the acrylics or is the application on the thin side? Also what size is that?

Very nice!

Just curious, is he heavy on the acrylics or is the application on the thin side? Also what size is that?

Thanks, guys!

For those curious, the piece is approximately 9 7/8" x 14 1/2" with an image area of approximately 8 1/4" x 12 1/2". He goes VERY heavy on the acrylics. It's not the biggest piece, but it's going to look awesome when framed!

Killer cover!! Did you get it from him? I tried to get some stuff from him about 2 1/2-3 years ago before he blew up and it was very hard to get any response from him through his site at the time.

I got it from Manrico Avorio at ComicArtFans.com. He has a lot of stuff from Dell'Otto; I think he is his rep, though I'm not 100% sure. I think the prices are still pretty reasonable compared to where the art of certain other artists is selling for these days.

Here's another fantastic Dell Otto cover I'd love to own;

71_1_b.JPG