• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stckwzrd1@aol.com = a crack addict?

113 posts in this topic

I don't know - I figured I would see how far off his grading was, plus I figured it was worth a shot.

I actually bought before the big thread came out on this guy - yeah I checked his feedback, but mostly I figured for 15 bucks, it was worth a look.

I can totally see how his blatant overgrading could everyone off.

I have bought from him in the past, hands down he is the worst grader I have ever run across that claims to be a professional. He happens to live not too far from me in New York and I have never seen him accurately grade any comic that he has had in any of his auctions at any time. Good rules of thumb for him is never bid on any of his auctions or bid accordingly for 5 grades less them he lists the items. I am not a dealer but I am capable of grading professionally and accurately - this guy thinks he finds 9.8's all over the place. Any true professional knows that 9.8's are extremely rare, even on new issues. People like him hurt eBay and hurt the business - run away from him.

Tomega

Yeah, I suppose if you don't have anything good to say...

Cheers

Bachelor of Comics

The above was in reference to Murph0 not negging a bad seller.

I just thought I'd take the opportunity to say *this is wrong* - I realize Murph/Brian may be referring to his early days on eBay, so this isn't directed at him; I know I was a bit leery of leaving neutral/neg feedback initially as well.

But kids, Don't Try this At Home..!!!! If you have a negative experience with a seller, and it can't be resolved through "normal diplomatic channels," such as email correspondence with the seller and the offer to return the merchandise for refund, then NEG THAT SUCKER. Better yet, if you bought multiple lots, drag the negs out over time; leave one per week or one per day, depending on the amount of stuff the seller sells.

Buyers unite - you have nothing to lose but some lousy sellers who should have read A's painted on their forehead. If you don't neg such sellers, you're doing a disservice to the rest of us buyers.

'Nuff Said.