• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All is Well on the CGC Boards...

69 posts in this topic

The scandals seem to come on a quarterly basis. As such, remember that Q2 2006 begins in a few weeks. Given the number of nefarious actions taking place behind the scenes in this hobby, I'd place the odds of a new controversy popping up (with a resultant breakdown in civility here) within the next three months at very close to even.

(Of course, one could always go back and rehash the Schmell incident from January. Was that thing ever resolved fully? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif That would get some fur flying. devil.gif)

SHUDDUP!

BTW....your Q2 prediction falls right about on schedule with the Big Announcement that Steve Borock mentioned on ComicZone yesterday that he was going to make in a couple of weeks!

Can I have an "OY-VAH!"?

I think it's also important to notice that there is a sense of complacency now that wasn't present before. It seems that many of the "conspiracy theories" regarding CGC have actually proven true over the last year or two. Those were an incredibly divisive element here, and now that Borock & Co. are leaving little to the imagination, as it were, the collecting community is circling their wagons rather than railing at one another like a pack of semi-literate, sometimes well-spoken dogs.

That, and Arch really does have a knack for working with adult children. yay.gif

The scandals seem to come on a quarterly basis. As such, remember that Q2 2006 begins in a few weeks. Given the number of nefarious actions taking place behind the scenes in this hobby, I'd place the odds of a new controversy popping up (with a resultant breakdown in civility here) within the next three months at very close to even.

(Of course, one could always go back and rehash the Schmell incident from January. Was that thing ever resolved fully? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif That would get some fur flying. devil.gif)

SHUDDUP!

What? confused-smiley-013.gif

Most specifically, I'm curious as to whether the whole Trim JIM 92 timeline was resolved? confused-smiley-013.gif I've been off the boards since then and missed any resolutions ....

I was joking.

Read the thread. It kind of petered out. Doug came on, gave his explanation of events....was cross-examined, replied to that and I guess it was left to each individual boardie to either buy the story, not buy the story or decide it was an isolated incident either way and not that important, since a pattern of behavior was never established.

Red

I was joking.

Read the thread. It kind of petered out. Doug came on, gave his explanation of events....was cross-examined, replied to that and I guess it was left to each individual boardie to either buy the story, not buy the story or decide it was an isolated incident either way and not that important, since a pattern of behavior was never established.

Yeahbut, Doug said he was going to post an Amex receipt or something, right? Or at least post confirmation from CGC on the date of submission? Are you saying that never happened?

I was joking.

Yeahbut, Doug said he was going to post an Amex receipt or something, right? Or at least post confirmation from CGC on the date of submission? Are you saying that never happened?

Forget about Schmell already. If it has to do with comics than bring it up. What happens in his personal life is his own business.

I was joking.

Forget about Schmell already. If it has to do with comics than bring it up. What happens in his personal life is his own business.

The unresolved (?) controversy surrounding the Trim JIM 92 has a direct bearing on the comic hobby.

I was joking.

The unresolved (?) controversy surrounding the Trim JIM 92 has a direct bearing on the comic hobby.

Instead of posting here why dont you just call him yourself and ask him?

Then you could post what you find out.

if you have the time to sit here and post than you surely have the time to take 5 minutes and call him.

Here is all of his contact info for you to choose which method of contact is good for you. After you find out post it here so we all know what he says.

popcorn.gif

Doug Schmell

Pedigree Comics, Inc.

12541 Equine Lane

Wellington, FL. 33414

Phone:

TOLL FREE: (877) 6-COMICS (626-6427) 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST

MOBILE PHONE & after 10:00 p.m.: (561) 596-9111

FAX LINE: (561) 422-1120

Email:

DougSchmell@pedigreecomics.com

rather than railing at one another like a pack of semi-literate, sometimes well-spoken dogs.

Don't be hatin' on dogs. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Fine, fine...

rather than railing at one another like a pack of semi-literate, sometimes well-spoken cats.

Happy? juggle.gif

Even JC is in a better mood. 893whatthe.gif

And I hear that your horomone replacement therapy is covered under your new insurance plan! Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

and your stomach stapling scars should have healed by now too. The snow has melted and its time to leave the house my favorite shut-in. grin.gif