• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS!!!!! *DELETED*

33 posts in this topic

I had a cordial discussion with the rep and clearly confusion is the word in this situation. As he was going through his records, at first glance it appears as though the artwork should have gone to me. Now it still isn't clear whether the other person DID order first. My mistake was not calling the art rep repeatedly to check if the art had arrived, which the other guy did.

Now here is the key part: The rep (in trying to remember the order) ask the guy, "didn't you send a print of the pages along with the order?" to which the guy replied "Yes".

After the order was sent, the rep realized that I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO SENT PRINTS ALONG WITH THE ORDER!!!

So as it turns out, by assuming they will complete my order, someone else (maybe innocently, not sure yet) convinced them they were to get the art.

I have since cancelled my complete order (total of 7 pages) and will be getting a refund. Total BL0W J0B!

That sucks so much. Stuff like this shouldn't happen - I would be wary of giving this guy (whoever it is) my money.

To those I have PM'd, please refrain from spreading this info around, since it does appear that no true deceit was done by the rep, only extremely poor organization, especially if you are dealing with "1000 of pages of art" as he stated to me. Now I must concentrate my efforts to the art holder.

Wish me luck....

To put an end to this, I had a good conversation with the current art holder and we made an arrangement that both of us are happy with. I truly believe it was just plain human error by the rep and artist and that is that.

It turns out that both of us ordered the exact same pages with the exact same offer amount for the three around the same time. Could've happened to anyone. I'm just glad it could be all worked out amicably.

Thanks for all you support.

To those I have PM'd, please refrain from spreading this info around

That's helpful.

yeahok.gif

it does appear that no true deceit was done by the rep, only extremely poor organization....

Well that makes it all OK then.

yeahok.gif

Thanks for sharing your story.

If you wanted to bother it sounds like you have a cause of action for breach of contract if you wanted to sue the guy. There was an offer and acceptance which you documented which should be enough to create a contract.

Once again, to me, it looks like you own the art. Offer and acceptance. I would make the rep. get your art back from the person he inadvertently sent it to.

Ok, not as easily done than typed, but if you want it that bad, go for it. Legal counsel will most likely have to be employed, but reading your information above make me sound like it might be warranted.

To those I have PM'd, please refrain from spreading this info around

That's helpful.

yeahok.gif

Yeah, there's nothing worse than some Mary running around screaming to high heaven about being ripped off, getting everyone angry and concerned, then suddenly changing their tune and telling everyone to shut up.

Freaking hilarous. 27_laughing.gif