• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me figure out which key book to buy

43 posts in this topic

Okay so I know the first response I get will be somebody saying "buy whatever you want, blah blah," but let me explain first. I'm looking at buying either a Fantastic Four #48 in VF- or Flash #137 in 8.5. I like both books just as much, but I have to make a decision on which should be higher on my priority list. I'm only picking one because I can really only afford one at a time.

So that being said, what do you guys think is the better pick and why?

(keep in mind that this is from somebody who doesn't have a lot of keys so I'm trying to accumulate some real nice ones)

The FF 48 is one of the most common keys in HG it will always be available somewhere. Not sure how rare the flash is in that grade, but you will never have a problem picking up a FF 48.

but you will never have a problem picking up a FF 48.

I can't stress this enough. I love the book, but it is common.

Picking between the two I'd go for the Flash book and then keep my eyes peeled for a cheap copy of FF48. With patience you could find one for next to nothing.

Yeah I was leaning towards the Flash #137 because honestly, I love SA DC books with the Golden/Silver crossovers (JSA, Flash, GL). Problem is I just don't see that many in HG.

On the other hand, FF #48 is a very sweet book yet so easily obtainable. In any case, I appreciate all the help.

Well, is this a case you buying one or the other or of you buying one now and the other later? As others have said, FF48 is more common in grade, but would you prefer owning FF48 or F137? Do you primarily collect Marvel or DC? Me, I'd take the FF since I'm a much bigger FF/Marvel fan than i am of SA DC books. Which is the "better" deal at the moment?

A book in certified 7.5 may not be the best way to go on a book as common as an FF 48.I'm a big FF fan but I think I would wait for a good deal on at least an 8.5,in the case that circumstances may someday force you to sell.That Flash 137,on the other hand is a lot less common and does have a COOL cover.I'd go with the Flash.Do you have any scans that you could post of the two?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

You buying for investment or other reasons? FF 48 while a great book is so common it's always going to be available and in 7.5 isn't even remotely high grade. They can be picked up below Guide all the time and will not appreciate much over the years. The Flash 137 is much harder to find and at 8.5 is high enough to continue to go up. I love the Flash cover.

keith contarino