• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price on Iron man's comics

13 posts in this topic

Why is the first issue of this particular book so common in high grade? I realize it came out later in the 60's than did some of the other popular titles, but it also has a dark cover which seems like that would hurt it's chances for a high grade. confused.gif

Ahhh.......makes sense. I remember seeing a nm copy as a kid for $15 and I didn't buy it.......D'oh.

Oh well.......at least it didn't turn out to be a $5,000 book now, so I don't feel too bad.

Yeah Bug, but one day it will be a $5000.00 comic. grin.gif

Ok, ok .... let's not get into another one of those $19,000.00 Incredible Hulk 181 in 20 years prediction discussions, 'cause that would be 893offtopic1.gif

Even 8-10 years an Iron Man #1 in NM was still a $300-$350 book. It always (at least from '91 on) seemed to just stay at that price and only just within the recent years started moving up. It was very overpriced at $300 ten years ago so at $575 in NM it still isn't a great deal. Iron Man#1's abliity to hold these price levels has nothing to do with it's scarcity. For Iron Man#1 it's all about demand (people just go nuts for old shell head).

Tod

Even 8-10 years an Iron Man #1 in NM was still a $300-$350 book. It always (at least from '91 on) seemed to just stay at that price and only just within the recent years started moving up. It was very overpriced at $300 ten years ago so at $575 in NM it still isn't a great deal. Iron Man#1's abliity to hold these price levels has nothing to do with it's scarcity. For Iron Man#1 it's all about demand (people just go nuts for old shell head).

Tod

I love that #1 regardless of the quantites available. ad an easy 9.6 in my collection years ago. What made me love it? Gene Colan!

Why is the first issue of this particular book so common in high grade? I realize it came out later in the 60's than did some of the other popular titles, but it also has a dark cover which seems like that would hurt it's chances for a high grade. confused.gif

an actual post regarding comics, are you feeling OK bug? 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Regardless of how common they are, Iron Man #1, like Cap 100, will continue to hold a decent price. They're both great books, with great covers, and kick off 2 very long running series. Just make sure not to over-pay as there will inevitably be another one around the corner. There are a lot of super high grades, but a disgusting amount of VF's, and god knows how many low grades out there, and they ALL pretty much sell well.